Could this be a Lost Pyramid in the Jungles of Mexico?

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
A friend of mine found this site a few years ago. From the aerial image it was certainly interesting in its shape alone but when we started looking at other images and topo maps, we started to see some alignments we couldn't just dismiss. Check it out and see what you think. We are talking with several archaeologist, but want to try to put together an expedition to survey it with LiDAR. It is very deep in the jungle and getting there on foot would be extreme.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
it does look like it i hope its legit

OP
OP
rgecy

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Looks good to me! LIDAR should make or break the case as to whether it is or not.

Thanks. It really is impressive when you start to look at all the alignments. The Pyramid of the Sun aligns with the Sunset on August the 13th, this one is angled opposite and aligns with the Sunrise on Aug 13th. As the video mention, that is the day the world began according to the early Mesoamericans. As you can see, it crosses directly over the edge and highpoint of the ridge off to the east. If we found one, maybe even two alignmnets, you could possible dismiss this, but these three alignments are highly unlikely from a site that already has a pyramid shape.

The image below shows the August 13th sunrise position.

Pyramid-Alignments.jpg

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, back when the Pizzaro Bros. were exploring the Amazon River, which, by the way, they named, there were massive civilizations all along the river. Just 50 years later, they were all gone due to disease. I have some inside information concerning these sites and I was invited to go along to one. My bud showed me pictures and explainded that there are vast, abandoned cities hidden by the jungle there. I'm glad I didn't go. He has never been heard from since. This was back in 1989! Seeing a picture of anything out in the jungle there doesn't surprise me in the least. All I can tell you is Go Large and In Charge! There is only one way to find out. Get your shots and airline tickets.
The way in which the Indians along the Amazon developed agriculture to feed the many thousands of its citizens is an amazing story in and of itself. Charcoal.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We're just beginning to learn how widespread monuments and cities in Mexico and Central America were. Many more discoveries coming as LIDAR studies cover more areas. The estimated populations are being revised upward, as well as our understanding of these sophisticated cultures. Cool discovery, seems highly likely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread