traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
REALLY... wow that is a cool find for my luck .
I think I have been corrected. It may only date to 1880 which is old also. BUT if you search on internet you likely will find it listed as Civil War. But they do make mistakes there on listings at times. I found one of those in a field near Chicamauga, but it may have been dropped after the war.

OP
OP
W

Weatherly

Greenie
Mar 9, 2022
You sure? I trust your judgement on it. Some people likely had it listed wrong on internet.

I think I have been corrected. It may only date to 1880 which is old also. BUT if you search on internet you likely will find it listed as Civil War. But they do make mistakes there on listings at times. I found one of those in a field near Chicamauga, but it may have been dropped after the war.
Well i came here having know clue what it was and now i do . Thank you..

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found these on Union campsites, but the patent that was issued for the device seems to nullify the CW connection. I have wondered if the patented examples post dates earlier ones that were not patented at the time. Mine were not marked, so I speculated it a bit.....but there are no photographed examples of these from the CW. Who knows, maybe one day one will show up in a photo......

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Watch out for those South Georgia No-Shoulders, and hit this area hard. It could have been a camp or some type of training area. Good luck and Continued Success.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found these on Union campsites, but the patent that was issued for the device seems to nullify the CW connection. I have wondered if the patented examples post dates earlier ones that were not patented at the time. Mine were not marked, so I speculated it a bit.....but there are no photographed examples of these from the CW. Who knows, maybe one day one will show up in a photo......
I found one at Chicamauga and another at a camp on the Tennessee River. Both were sites for Civil War. Neither had any marks on them. Now it IS possible they were dropped there after the war. Or more likely a patent was done in 1880 of an earlier designed item. I agree with you.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So all realize I have that tent rope tensioner in my possession, here is the bag it is stored in along with many other items in a box. I need to go through everything.
S. Clinton was the owner of the farm. She was a very nice old lady that loved cinnamon rolls and other cakes. I always took her something and spent time talking with her. I miss her.

Attachments

• tent2.jpg
    tent2.jpg
    803.5 KB · Views: 31

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions