Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on Cape Cod for a few days - had my first hunt in a long time
on Monday - went out on Tues. - was sore from Mondays hunt
and winds had picked up over night - there were white caps on the water
so decided against going out - when i was younger nothing wouldve stopped me
so my gf and I decided to get some lunch and just sit by the ocean at a spot that used to be one of my gold hunting grounds. After lunch we decided to go to a hotel on the beach a couple 100 yrds down there was a sister hotel to one we were staying at - we were allowed to go theres as well as a few other properties owned by the same outfit. So we checked in and went and sat by the pool for a few hours. When we left we drove by the beach we had lunch at and my gf says "Hey...that looks like Whydah!" She backs up and it is in fact him with another TNET alum - Waterwalker. Seems they pulled up after we did there for lunch to go hunting. I did not see them get in cause i think they went to the right but Whydah thought that he saw me and my gal. Well I guess when they got out they discovered they had locked keys in the car of course with their wallets and phones. Casper and girlfriend to the rescue. My girlfriend let Waterwalker use her phone to call his wife and I gave Whydah some hydration. My gf drove Waterwalker towards his house but only got a mile down the road when his wife drove by. I had talked to Whydah a few times this year but hadnt hunted with him in awhile and last time I hunted with Waterwalker was i think 2015 - i took him to a spot where he found an old class ring and i got i nice opal ring. We talked for awhile about old times and some newer ones. Was great seeing them. I want to wish them both continued good luck! They both look good - both have lost a little weight - here are older pics with them I should have had gf take one with all of us but didnt think of it till we were down the road.
full

full

Upvote 13

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How great it was to see you again. I only wish we could have all been in the water again. Next time for sure.
We always leave everything in the car when we detect in the water. The Ford has a keypad on the door and with the combo bingo, you are in. Works every time except when the battery goes dead. This was the case and the second time the battery has died while Wydah and I were detecting. My wife has rescued us both times. This time with your and your gf's help. I really have to get a non-electronic key that I can carry into the water. I do carry a Geek jumper battery pack which. after the door and hood were opened, I could start the car without having to call for a tow truck. I have used the pack several times, not only to jump start a car and lawn mower, but to charge cell phones, a detector's battery. It is worth the investment.
Thanks for the help!

Enjoy a new photo
leighton-and-rick-jpg.2033846
Leighton and Rick.jpg

Last edited:

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was on Cape Cod for a few days - had my first hunt in a long time
on Monday - went out on Tues. - was sore from Mondays hunt
and winds had picked up over night - there were white caps on the water
so decided against going out - when i was younger nothing wouldve stopped me
so my gf and I decided to get some lunch and just sit by the ocean at a spot that used to be one of my gold hunting grounds. After lunch we decided to go to a hotel on the beach a couple 100 yrds down there was a sister hotel to one we were staying at - we were allowed to go theres as well as a few other properties owned by the same outfit. So we checked in and went and sat by the pool for a few hours. When we left we drove by the beach we had lunch at and my gf says "Hey...that looks like Whydah!" She backs up and it is in fact him with another TNET alum - Waterwalker. Seems they pulled up after we did there for lunch to go hunting. I did not see them get in cause i think they went to the right but Whydah thought that he saw me and my gal. Well I guess when they got out they discovered they had locked keys in the car of course with their wallets and phones. Casper and girlfriend to the rescue. My girlfriend let Waterwalker use her phone to call his wife and I gave Whydah some hydration. My gf drove Waterwalker towards his house but only got a mile down the road when his wife drove by. I had talked to Whydah a few times this year but hadnt hunted with him in awhile and last time I hunted with Waterwalker was i think 2015 - i took him to a spot where he found an old class ring and i got i nice opal ring. We talked for awhile about old times and some newer ones. Was great seeing them. I want to wish them both continued good luck! They both look good - both have lost a little weight - here are older pics with them I should have had gf take one with all of us but didnt think of it till we were down the road.
full

full
As always it’s a pleasure to get together buddy. A very nice surprise to a dismal sanded in day out Treasurehunting. One Stainless band. Glad you stopped. Stay in touch and let’s get into the water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread