Couple of Questions....

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So ive been gone from Treasurenet for a while and havent been detecting much due to work and other personal obligations... However, i am back and looking to buy a new machine. I have used a borrowed Equinox some and i personally thought it was my choice until i started watching videos and reading about the new D2. So my question is does anyone regret buying the D2? Also, does most everyone agree that this is the better relic machine over the Equinox? I want/need a machine that i can use for most things....relics, parks and even some occasional beach hunts. I have sold off most of my detectors so hoping to buy one to "do all" for now.... Thanks.

Last edited:

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was a Minelab man for many years; etrac, Excal, CTX, Equinox and Vanquish. But then I bought the Deus 2 and never looked back.
Minelab Equinox is an excellent detector but the Deus 2 is superior in my judgement….more capable in every aspect and better build quality.
Just the view from my foxhole.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you can afford the D2, get it! If you can't then my next choice would be the Nokta Makro Legend. Best of luck!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Deus II is a better performing machine than the Equinox and Legend ...How do I know that ? Go look at my Youtube channel....
I agree with Terry ..I can't believe I just said that .....If its not a Deus II then its a Legend...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both Nox and D2 machines like these guys do. If you're not going underwater or more than say thigh deep in the water, both of them will do you fine. I haven't used the Legend yet, so, I can't comment on how it compares. As for the Nox and D2, they have their strengths and weaknesses just like any other comparison. I find the Equinox easier to learn and operate initially. It's main drawback was that some models were less than waterproof.....although mine has been fine for over 4 years now. How many had this problem is still unknown, but, many have reported multiple drownings. The Deus has a reputation as being a better machine in iron infested areas, but, the Nox is no slouch either. At the moment, the Equinox has many more coil options than the D2, so, that may influence your decision. Price is also a consideration, both on initial cost and for accessories and additional coils. If you would like more of my thoughts on the subject, PM me. I've detailed my likes and dislikes in comparing the two on another site.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth be told, that Simplex with the Detech Ultimate 13 is no slouch. A fun, no fiddle box that punches way outside its weight class. Equally as capable with the SP24 coil. I'm swinging the Legend now and having a blast with it, ... seriously has me digging less trash = saving my aching back. I've only researched the D2, seems like a nice box but it might have a steep learning curve. Just my .02, I'm ready for heavy seas, lol:)

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So ive been gone from Treasurenet for a while and havent been detecting much due to work and other personal obligations... However, i am back and looking to buy a new machine. I have used a borrowed Equinox some and i personally thought it was my choice until i started watching videos and reading about the new D2. So my question is does anyone regret buying the D2? Also, does most everyone agree that this is the better relic machine over the Equinox? I want/need a machine that i can use for most things....relics, parks and even some occasional beach hunts. I have sold off most of my detectors so hoping to buy one to "do all" for now.... Thanks.
Try them out before you BUY !! do not buy one then find out how unhappy you are with it

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try them out before you BUY !! do not buy one then find out how unhappy you are with it
You won't lose too much having to resell any of those three detectors as long as you keep all the pieces and keep them in good shape.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My point is people are different. How some people use a detector are far different then the way someo0ne else might use it and can understnd IT. \

JedinNC

Jul 7, 2009
Topsail Island/Raleigh, N.C.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II , Nokta Legend, Equinox 600, Excal II, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's M6
Primary Interest:
I am very pleased with my Deus II. This is my first XP branded detector. Hunted with my Equinox 600 and Excal II before the Deus II. I will keep the Excal and Equinox, but the Deus II will be my primary machine.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jed what programs are you running with your deus 2 ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am switching to the X Y program

JedinNC

Jul 7, 2009
Topsail Island/Raleigh, N.C.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II , Nokta Legend, Equinox 600, Excal II, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's M6
Primary Interest:
Jed what programs are you running with your deus 2 ?
I was on the beach earlier this week, I mostly ran a slightly modified version of Beach Sens. I played around with Beach and Dive but always reverted back to Beach Sens. I was not wading on this trip.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Completely satisfied with Deus 2 as my only detector ( other than my other Deus 2- got a second one to have a 9” coil and could sell when coils are possible to get alone- or might keep it).
I like the compact design and lightest weight as I backpack to sites a lot. The performance is top notch and all I need. I pretty much stick to a few factory programs with little change to settings. My favorite programs in order are sensitive FT, Fast, Relic, Deep HC.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Completely satisfied with Deus 2 as my only detector ( other than my other Deus 2- got a second one to have a 9” coil and could sell when coils are possible to get alone- or might keep it).
I like the compact design and lightest weight as I backpack to sites a lot. The performance is top notch and all I need. I pretty much stick to a few factory programs with little change to settings. My favorite programs in order are sensitive FT, Fast, Relic, Deep HC.
I did the same thing I got the 9 inch and the 11 inch deus 2's

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the responses and opinions. My son has ordered a Legend which i expect to be a great upgrade over the AT pro he has been using. I have decided to go with the Deus 2 .....the only thing holding me back is i really cant decide on the coil size i want. I will probably end up with both once additional coils are available. Any more advice as to coil size would be great. I hunt a wide variety of areas and honestly see benefits of both for me. How is the balance of the 11 vs 9? Thanks again guys!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger please keep us posted how you and ypour son are doing with the detectors

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the responses and opinions. My son has ordered a Legend which i expect to be a great upgrade over the AT pro he has been using. I have decided to go with the Deus 2 .....the only thing holding me back is i really cant decide on the coil size i want. I will probably end up with both once additional coils are available. Any more advice as to coil size would be great. I hunt a wide variety of areas and honestly see benefits of both for me. How is the balance of the 11 vs 9? Thanks again guys!
I got the 9" version thinking that eventually, they'll have a 13" or bigger one available to buy. That seems to me to cover everything I would need it to do. I have an Equinox with a 6", 11"' and a 12X15". I rarely use the 11" at this point. The 12X15" coil covers just about all my needs except when I'm in a real junky or tight area where the 6" fills the need.

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a 9" Deus 2 on the way.... Son got his new Legend out today for about an hour between rain storms. Seems to be doing good with it and really likes it.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Before I got the 9” I had gotten comfortable with the 11”, although when you switch to 9” you do really feel how much lighter it is. Going back to 11” you get used to it quickly and you can go a long time without fatigue or wrist pain. I just got the coil centering device , looking forward to seeing if it feels better to swing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread