traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s so true..it’s amazing how they glide in the currents..sometimes when the sun is shining and I’m outside here comes a big shadow of a bird flying overhead and I look up to see the large buzzard passing by
If you ever listened to anything I have said, PLEASE KEEP MOVING when they fly over your head.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,m always looking up,just to see what I can see.Drives my wife crazy for some reason on a trip.She,s always asking me,what are you looking at? When I point out a hawk or buzzard she just shakes her head.That,s OK.People been doing that around me since I was a wee lad!!!
Oh no You are not alone when my wife and I are outside on a walk she is always looking up searching for eagles and other things ..I showed her this reply and she laughed

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, some of my best memories are of camping on the Southern Plains, sleeping under the stars beside the campfire, the moon comes up and the coyotes start to sing.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, some of my best memories are of camping on the Southern Plains, sleeping under the stars beside the campfire, the moon comes up and the coyotes start to sing.
Sounds like a scene in a movie..
Maybe this summer on one warm night I can place a tent in the yard .start a campfire and listen to them.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a spypoint microlink trail camera.. actually I have 3.. I have them set up on my farm here.. It keeps in tune to the deer and bear.. no 'yotes on Vancouver Island. The nice thing is that you get an instant notification on your phone and a photo of whatever it is

When I lived in Edgewood, we had issues with them.. A 250 - 3000 took care of the problems. They tried for our chickens and our foals.. Not having any of that

But luckily... no 'yotes, no skunks, no porcupines.... only racoons.. and a high powered PCP pellet gun take care of them..

Micheal
That 250-3000 is a fast hard hitting cartridge. Not a lot of them around. Is it hard to find bullets for?

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Browning..I have 2..good thing is you dont have to delete pics when it gets full..it deletes for you
Thanks for the reply that sounds pretty good.I really think it will be great to have but now I have to work on the tree damage

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
This coming weekend will be the big coyote hunt/contest held in Pa. It's sponsored by a sportmens club. There will probably be over 4000 hunters register and over $40,000- paid in prizes. Top prizes for largest male and largest female will be close $10,000- each. Largest male is usually around 50 lbs and female around 45 lbs.
The contest was held over the weekend. There was 4200+ entered and 270 coyote harvested, each paying $64- in prize money. Largest male weighed 47.85 pounds and largest female weighed 46.5 pounds. They each received $8500 in prize money. The female also placed third in overall weight and additionally received $3400 in prize money.

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
That is some contest is it state wide.
Yes, coyote can be taken anywhere in Pa. You must have a Pa hunting and a furtakers license. Must pre-register. Can use dogs or call. Can hunt in groups if all register. Can only take coyote during specified time. I believe it was noon Friday until noon Sunday. Several wildlife biologists and veterinarian there to check animals. Winners have to pass polygraph.

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 250-3000 is a fast hard hitting cartridge. Not a lot of them around. Is it hard to find bullets for?
Do my own reloads.. so no problems at all.. I have a couple hundreds rounds on hand... so when I get down to say 75, I put up another couple hundred

Micheal

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many types available now . Some will even even email you the pictures with out going to the camera
How much are you expecting to spend ?

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many types available now . Some will even even email you the pictures with out going to the camera
How much are you expecting to spend ?
Gare. Thank You for the reply..
I’m going to shop around . It was a special moment awhile ago to look out the window and see a bobcat walking.Suddenly it started chasing a rabbit in circles and had to go out on the porch to scare it away as the rabbit lives for another day
Take care

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck BillB in finding some. I have 4 here i do not use any more

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The moon comes up and I always like to hear the coyotes sing near where I'm camped. They hunted them in Oklahoma. They would use greyhounds and you would see dead coyotes hung up on the fence line beside the road for a long ways. In the CB era, they would use planes to spot them, but I think the use of airplanes has been outlawed now.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The moon comes up and I always like to hear the coyotes sing near where I'm camped. They hunted them in Oklahoma. They would use greyhounds and you would see dead coyotes hung up on the fence line beside the road for a long ways. In the CB era, they would use planes to spot them, but I think the use of airplanes has been outlawed now.
If I remember correctly many many many years ago we would take the train from NY to Kansas to visit relatives and hunters would also hang the coyotes near the mailboxes and get a bounty

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dan Flores is an expert on coyotes and why unlike wolves, they have managed to spread across N America and increase in population. His videos are on YouTube.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread