CP6 and other Headphone options....

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naw,Jim I had the backbone models to & ur right after awhile using them they do hurt a bit, they are however awesome in the summer ur head wont sweat like the full size ones, not a whole lot of options besides pluging in a set of wired ones or the ws5 models, cheaper would be the chef ones I beleive from what uve heard they are comfortable & a couple hundred less

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally don't like the WS4s... they just didn't fit me although a lot of people like them.

So here is what I did... used the adapter for the WS4s that allow a regular wired headphone to be plugged into them. For me, that was the Grey Ghost NDTs that I use with all of my other detectors. Then I just dropped the WS4 module in my pocket. Problem solved.

The adapter is cheap... you still have a cord, but not one attached to the detector. XP Deus WS4 Headphone adapter
If only the ground would thaw so I can put them back to work! :)

Attachments

• disassembled.JPG
    disassembled.JPG
    885.2 KB · Views: 193
  • plugged in cropped.jpeg
    plugged in cropped.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 201
  • complete resized.jpeg
    complete resized.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice,nice idea Keith, id love to get outside still havent really tried the f75ltd only in the house

OP
OP
sleepyjim

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda sucks having to make do....You would thing=k for this kinda money, they could make a set of head bands that work..Peas me off......

Ordered a set of Chefphones.

Think I will get a set up like yours Keith till they come in

Jim

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well they do work, like I said they are awesome in the summer when u can actually use headphones wear a hat & not sweat, I also think thats why with the deus they give you the option of ws4 or ws5 headphones. Hey each and every detector has its faults none are the perfect best one out there if there was we would all be using it

cadman20

Aug 4, 2010
I personally don't like the WS4s... they just didn't fit me although a lot of people like them.

So here is what I did... used the adapter for the WS4s that allow a regular wired headphone to be plugged into them. For me, that was the Grey Ghost NDTs that I use with all of my other detectors. Then I just dropped the WS4 module in my pocket. Problem solved.

The adapter is cheap... you still have a cord, but not one attached to the detector. XP Deus WS4 Headphone adapter
If only the ground would thaw so I can put them back to work! :)

I am using the exact same setup. The Grey Ghost NDTs and the 1/8" cable. Best sound quality I have found for the Deus, I like the fact that the NDTs have dual volume control (can adjust differently for each ear).

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kinda sucks having to make do....You would thing=k for this kinda money, they could make a set of head bands that work..Peas me off...... Ordered a set of Chefphones. Think I will get a set up like yours Keith till they come in Jim

I hope you get your Chefphones. I have had an order in with them since August 2013! Not seen one of them. :censored:

Rick James

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So are they WS5 headphones that XP offers any good? I opted for that package, but I see a lot of people going with Chefphones or other options instead.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick,

There is nothing wrong with the WS5s, they came along after the Chiefphones though so perhaps a lot of people had their minds made up before they were available?

The other thing to consider is that if you buy the WS4s and buy one of the other headphone mods, whether it be the Chiefphones, the new Grey Ghosts, or an adapter to plug in your favorite headphones you can opt to switch back at any time by moving the module around. You can't do that with the WS5s.

OP
OP
sleepyjim

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And WS5 cost WAYYYYY more money.

Jim

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True there, the cp6 hmm.all I can say is damb u guys all this talk on the deus I might have to drop everything and start looking to replace my so called lost one

OP
OP
sleepyjim

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way more than what? Aren't they just $100 more than the WS4, at least in the package deals? Or are you referring to the other brands?

Yeah I was going by the price to buy the WS5 (best price found 399.00) vs Chefphones (95.00) or even the GG (150.00) ones.......

Jim

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The WS-4 phones fit me perfect. Best option by far if you want to be able to hear your surroundings and the detector. If you dont put them on right I could see how they may not fit.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To ad to that what Bart had said I agree I also think they are great & I was using the v3i with the spectra headphones awesome machine, great headphones problem was those hot muggy summer days detecting the headphones made it even hotter out, then using the deus with the ws4's was like night & day could use em any summer day get great sound with out sweating my butt off as much

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a major headphone company that is working on coming out with superior headphones to the Chefphones! You will be able to use the controller from your WS4's from your Backphones!

Will be at your metal detector dealers later this year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread