Crazy Copper Count + GEO III Silver + Artillery B.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd have to say it was an awesome day, from firsts, to records broke.

7 Am till about 2 me and ZDD hit only one site, as it was large, up and down the hill I am fairly burnt physically, and sun wise.

As he said I noticed him seemingly staying in one area for some time I scouried up the hill, hit a high tone at about 4 feet per swing, (8mph) and out popped a blackened Silver. I had thought it older than it is probably because of condition,(glad I have a better one) Up and down the hill for drinks everytime more Copper. I was up to 10 when Dave needed a drink. He was determined to stay till I had my new record. (Thanks Dave)

Lets cut the story to the chase.

Ended up with 12 colonial coppers (new record),
The Silver is 1817 Geo III six pence, a first artillery button (1790-1802 ? yeah!), a first British farthing 1799, which happens to be the best condition of the lot, I like that.

Coincidentailly when coming back down the hill at also about 4 feet per swing I got the artillery button. How strange is that. Like the speed of the Tek detector.

Sure I'm forgetting something...oh yeah first ram rod guide of this type, two "thingies".

Attachments

• find13-18a.JPG
    find13-18a.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 153
  • find13-18b.JPG
    find13-18b.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 148
  • find13-18c.JPG
    find13-18c.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 154
  • find13-18d.JPG
    find13-18d.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 148
  • find13-18g.JPG
    find13-18g.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 10

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats an awesome hunt, I'm sure you can't wait to return.

beau-bc

Mar 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT&Deus for relics &coins
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome site,awesome hunt,awesome finds.Well done. would be hard not to neglect all chores and responsibilities to be out there 24 7s.Really like this thread

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow , that's a hunt you will remember , :censored: VI pence silver must have been exposed to salt water at some point of it's circulation , still a nice one and I like the Royal Artillery button and the ram rod .
whoa man ;) is that a Sasquatch in that field ??? jus kidding

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome discoveries, that looks like a fantastic spot you have there...

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure seems like a pretty sweet day. I'm happy to get two coppers these days!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you need to leave history alone and quite digging it up for your own pleasure!! that is stealing from the past!!!!!!!!

Wow, you're right! I will throw my detector in the lake and go golfing or bird watching or something.

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you're right! I will throw my detector in the lake and go golfing or bird watching or something.

Yeah I already listed mine on eBay

Dig until your arm falls off

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW, BIG THANKS J. Cache, for quoting
Relic-Finder "you need to leave history alone and quite digging it up for your own pleasure!! that is stealing from the past!!!!!!!!"

Seems he didn't even have the bolls to leave his post up, Hummm ... I'm sure he'll be back to check.
The difference between him (you relic finder) and me is I DID HAVE PERMISSION to hunt this field, ALL of the finds were shown to the owner of said property, and more than half were given to him.

So no...NOT STEALING. You can't justify your actions by NO MEANS by mine.

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an awesome hunt, so many cool old odd coppers. sweet 6pense also.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relic-Finder "you need to leave history alone and quite digging it up for your own pleasure!! that is stealing from the past!!!!!!!!"

Seems he didn't even have the bolls to leave his post up, Hummm ... I'm sure he'll be back to check.
The difference between him (you relic finder) and me is I DID HAVE PERMISSION to hunt this field, ALL of the finds were shown to the owner of said property, and more than half were given to him.

And he calls him self a relic finder:icon_scratch:, I think he went on the attack and the Mods gave him a spanking. I don't even see his OP where he "FOUND" the gold pieces. Oh well I think he will go far..... the further the better.:laughing7:
ZDD

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AWESOME HUNT RICK!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relic-Finder http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...t-geo-iii-silver-artillery-b.html#post3417657 "you need to leave history alone and quite digging it up for your own pleasure!! that is stealing from the past!!!!!!!!"

His post caught my eye immediately! What an odd thing, for someone named "relic finder" to accuse you (or anyone) of "stealing from the past", especially on this site. Maybe a wee tad of jealousy methinks! It seem this dodgy chav got guff tween the lugholes.

novafinder

Mar 18, 2011
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stealing from the past really? So letting it rot away to nothing in the ground is better some how ? Ridiculous.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relic-Finder http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...t-geo-iii-silver-artillery-b.html#post3417657 "you need to leave history alone and quite digging it up for your own pleasure!! that is stealing from the past!!!!!!!!"

We are very sorry to inform you that we are not currently accepting applications and/or resumes for any form of Moral Counselor position. Unfortunately, I cannot release any information as to how many of those positions are currently filled but I do know that the actual "job" is not officially recognized by the Mods or any other regular member for that matter. Sadly this fact has not yet and will probably never make it to those lonely souls.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please don't mistake the previous post as being meant for you Rick. The message was only meant to inform the History Hero about the unfortunate job closing.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right? I didn't think that one was too bad but all I ever is the sound of crickets. I can't pay for a dang laugh man :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread