ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
All quiet Saturday and Sunday, UNTIL, I went out to dinner with my girlfriend. Then four calls within half an hour! First call a drowning phone at Mikes On the Water. A restraunt 45 minutes away on lake St Clair. So off I go! Going down I-94 another call comes in. A ring at a beach. I ask them if we can meet tomorrow morning. That works for them. Not more than 10 minutes later another call. Oakley's at Hidaway Marina. That works. About 6 miles north of Mikes and on my way home. Not long after that another call. Another ring at a beach. I make arrangements to meet them at 9:15 in the morning. I get to Mikes and the phone is swimming in the lily pads. Folks those things are tough to play in with a tank on. Those stalks are strong. I go down, feel a rock, a board and then a phone on its edge in the muck. Bingo, another success. I come up to smiles including a beautiful one from my girlfriend. It is getting dark so it was time to put it in high gear and get to Hideaway. Take off my gear except my wetsuit and get to the marina. Full red moon coming up and absolutely beautiful. Get my gear out of the truck, put it in a cart and walk down the dock. Gear up, jump in and in a few seconds snag the wayward glasses. The owner jumped in looking and found a pair of Ray Ban's before he gave up. Got out of my gear, took my girlfriend home and got back to Port Huron. Now waiting to recover two wedding rings before the pirates get a hold of them.

Started at 7:00 Monday for a gold ring at Lighthouse Beach in Port Huron. Took me almost an hour to get it under my coil but I succeeded. Next stop was Chrysler Beach in Marysville for another ring. Found that one a bit faster. This one was STRANGE. It was a tungsten ring and I saw it. My CZ-21 would not make a sound on any settings. I had to give it to the man so I couldn't play with it but I was a bit miffed. Third and last stop was a cell phone in the Clinton River about 45 minutes away. Another weedy mess but another success. I came up looking like cousin It from the Adams Family.

Here comes Tuesday!! We start with my very first call this morning. A phone at Jefferson Beach Marina. All my gear is ready and I just have to jump in my swimsuit and head down. Get to the marina and they show me where they jumped in and tried to find it but the water was too deep and they had no luck. So I suit up and take the plunge. A few minutes later it was in my hands. I come up to some surprised boaters. They also tell me of a drill battery that dove in a few days ago. Tell me not to worry about it but I tell them I have nothing better to do so I went back down. Found a cup and a stainless steel pole that was lost a while ago. Went back down and found the drowned DeWalt battery. Happy folks and it looked like the phone would still work I hope it does.

Next stop another dock same marina. Espresso part. Says it had a handle on it. Not to hard to find. I bring it up only to find there was another part that went inside it. I was thinking NO!! I wish I would have known, I would have stayed in the same place and searched for it also. Go back down and feel another thing out of the ordinary. Whew, it was what they were after. Now the boat next to them lost a stern light off a dinghy and a cell phone. I told her I would look for them. Unfortunately the boat next to theirs belonged to the man that drowned in lake St Clair on Aug 15th. I did find the cell phone, a dock brush, the stern light and a stainless pancake turner while behind the boat. The cell was in for over a year and the battery had expanded and broke the phone open. That one will never work again.

Now for the story of the day. I was waiting all day to go out into lake St Clair to Goose Bay to find a gold wedding ring. So I took my girlfriend out to Mikes on the Water for lunch. Then take her home to pick up her dog and meet a gentleman on my boat in Jewel Island Marina. We get there at 5pm and he programs my GPS to where the ring is hiding. I load up my gear and we take off. WE get out to Goose Bay and my GPS and the coordinate he has don't exactly match up. But he takes me to where he feels he was. He has goggles and goes in. My girlfriend wanted to go in and I had a mask that I found underwater that fit her. I didn't even think to have her bring her swim suit and she wants to jump in with her clothes on!! Now who wouldn't love that kind of adventure in a partner?

I get my clothes changed and my wet suit on and my tank ready. Put my tank on the swim platform and look for my mask. THEN it hits me. I left my mask in my truck. I tell the man I wanted to go back and get it but he doesn't want to lose sunlight. So he stays in the water with my girlfriend. I find my wading pole and my scoop and set my machine up on the pole so now I can wade with it. I jump in and start walking to him. He says he knows he is in the right area. As I am walking to him my girlfriend says I found it! I am thinking NO POSSIBLE WAY as she holds it up. Goes over to him and it was his ring. She gets a big hug and I am just beaming with joy and happiness for her. He called her a natural. She saw the round outline of a ring and thought it was too perfect to be anything else and got it. The smiles in the picture say it all. She is a diver and wants to be a part of this adventure. One of my dreams is to have a partner to share the rest of life with. Looking good so far. We have been friends for over 3 years. I am very content and blessed to have her in my life. This dedication is to Paula. My best friend.

Upvote 27

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Scuba on all those successful hunts! Multiple Honorable Mentions I'd say!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Scuba another great story with lots of grateful recipients. Looking at the tight grip you have on Paula I would say she ain’t going anywhere. Congrats again and again and again.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ! Good on ya !! Is this all just charitable work , or are you able to make a few shekels too ?

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another awesome adventure(s)...Congrats on all the recoveries, I'm sure you made a lot of people super happy, I remember how I felt watching a $30 fishing pole sink beneath the water's surface, so I could not imagine watching a gold ring sink slowly out of sight. Thx for the great post, excellent read. Ddf.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Crazy East siders!

Well done!
Nip and tuck on some of those recoveries. That tungsten not ringing up is a head scratcher....

Paula reads like quite the gal. And nailed that ring the hard way.
Get her diving regular and the competition will be the best you could hope for.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just another productive day for you...congratulations! :occasion14:

BlueVW

Jan 17, 2015
Cabot, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
White Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I enjoy reading your post. I have a question. Do you put fliers up at marinas for people who lose things to call you? Or it is word of mouth?

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on what sounds like a lot of success! You have me curious though about that tungsten ring and your CZ21. I have found numerous tungsten bands with my CZ21 and they all have nearly blown my ears off from the signal they give. I would like to know what the deal was with that.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow ! Good on ya !! Is this all just charitable work , or are you able to make a few shekels too ?

I was well compensated for the adventures I post. I am quite happy.

Crazy East siders!

Well done!
Nip and tuck on some of those recoveries. That tungsten not ringing up is a head scratcher....

Paula reads like quite the gal. And nailed that ring the hard way.
Get her diving regular and the competition will be the best you could hope for.

I bought her two new tanks and a BC. She needs a regulator and we are searching tomorrow.

Congrats on what sounds like a lot of success! You have me curious though about that tungsten ring and your CZ21. I have found numerous tungsten bands with my CZ21 and they all have nearly blown my ears off from the signal they give. I would like to know what the deal was with that.

I totally agree. I couldn't read the inside and I have found many many tungsten rings with my CZ-21.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet he would have been in the dog house if you didn't help him find that lol Good job Scuba good to read your posts amazing stuff!!!!!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's ta way ya do it. Congrats on the save.:occasion14:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there like a platinum honorable mention!?!?! Because you Sir deserve it!!! And one for your GF too!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Congrats scuba, incredible stories. You are the man!! Glad to hear you have such an amazing girlfriend too!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is funny a platinum mention a plention. Yes he would get 3 or 4 a day deserves em also

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread