Creek Bed Copper and Skull

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Was able to get out today between rainstorms . Decided to walk an old creek bed through the woods. Besides a lot of old rusty items,which I wont post....because ...well..... just go to any of my other posts and you can see all the rusty junk you want......I found this copper band ....the outside is pretty well worn ,but the inside says _____Steel Goods,Chicago and a Pat. No. That I cant read....
About a half an hour up the creek, I hit this skull ring....kind of freaky...so figured it was time to go ....LOL

Attachments

• copper band.JPG
    copper band.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,169
  • copper band 2.JPG
    copper band 2.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,164
  • creek bed.JPG
    creek bed.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,158
  • Skull ring.JPG
    Skull ring.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 1,177
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Guess I can go back to the spot now...AP is making me a digging knife that even ghosts and demons will be afraid of! Actually I thought it would go great with my Halloween Pirate Outfit....

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
(XLT-x 2 ) )(BH Sharp Shooter 2) (Coinmaster 4000/D series2)(Coinmaster 2/DB series 2)(Discovery 2)(Discovery 1000)
Well beings you put it that way. The wise choice was to bail. When your inner self says its time to do something, then beyond a Shadow of a doubt, you need to be moving on. Just remember, never,never carry a knife to a gun fight.
Mike

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ring is neat but the one who found it is neater. :D :D :D Good post. You better ease up on the Halloween decorations.
Burdie

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I like skull rings, but I don’t wear them. I’ve found a few in my time. I gave them all to a Marine who collects skull and spooky trinkets. It looks like the skull on the ring you found is wearing a Nazi helmet. I’ve seen this theme before, on bicker stuff. None the less, I still like it, looks worthy for displaying.

HH

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool ring and story....I think I would be a little scared of that area and I have been in some pretty spooky areas at night hunting. Good Luck!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Gypsy, sure fits into the month of October! HH, Mike

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
great finds,, love the ring !!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D you sure find some nice spots to hunt.

Y

Yooper

I found one of those metal parts about two weeks ago in a local park. It says "ACME STEEL GOODS COMPANY Chicago PATD 7.12.04"

Hope this helps.

acme.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread