May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, these are not all todays finds. I have been in hospital with a broken knee cap. (no sympathy needed, my own idiot drunken fault) Therefore, I'm out of the game for at least the rest of the year. I will continue to post Cru'dad's finds but as he has a bad knee as well, finds will be limited, as I used to do the heavy lifting, so to speak.
The attached finds are over 6 days of fairly short hunts totaling 14 hours.
The priority was a newly discovered Roman Site, we called '2 Oaks' on a 1000 acre farm. The Wheat stubble was very high & it was a one time deal, as it had been direct drilled with oil-seed rape, so it turned out to be a bust other than a Qrter Hammered. (I know there will be some Roman Finds, just needs more effort)
The rest of the finds are from our well known old sites which we have done fairly well, so anything is a bonus:

Several Scrappies
Circa 9th C Saxon Triangular Clothes Fastener (Good scarce find)
17th C Token (Still trying to ID)
Near blank Scottish Hammered - 1601 James I (James VI of Scotland) 1/8th of a Thistle-Merk
Roman Hob-Nail
Henry III Cut Qrter Hammered
3 OK Roman Coins - 2 not brilliant but scarce types I need, 1 nice one of Aurelian that I need (my fav from the bunch)
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG

Upvote 18

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First of all Cru that's not a great way of starting the fall season.
Though I guess you've done a tad of self reflection on your pub crawl.

Nicely done Cru'dad, liking the cut quarter and the bronzes.
Well sit back Cru do the research-Heal up-stay well.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear about your knee cap troubles Cru, it sucks when we get old and fall down, because now we break stuff. :laughing7:
Looks like you're Dad has been busy lately, love the amount of detail on this Roman Coin.

Hope you have a smooth recovery,
Dave

Attachments

• 10-crop.JPG
    10-crop.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 60

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you have an easy rehab back to 100% with the knee. Get better soon crusader !!

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very sorry to hear this news Crusader. I broke my ankle while out detecting in the woods a few years back ( slipped on a wet rock). With the help of some really great doctors and physical therapists ( they are angels) I was able to get back in the game in about six months. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Keep us updated on Cru'Dad's adventures.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, these are not all todays finds. I have been in hospital with a broken knee cap. (no sympathy needed, my own idiot drunken fault) Therefore, I'm out of the game for at least the rest of the year. I will continue to post Cru'dad's finds but as he has a bad knee as well, finds will be limited, as I used to do the heavy lifting, so to speak.
The attached finds are over 6 days of fairly short hunts totaling 14 hours.
The priority was a newly discovered Roman Site, we called '2 Oaks' on a 1000 acre farm. The Wheat stubble was very high & it was a one time deal, as it had been direct drilled with oil-seed rape, so it turned out to be a bust other than a Qrter Hammered. (I know there will be some Roman Finds, just needs more effort)
The rest of the finds are from our well known old sites which we have done fairly well, so anything is a bonus:

Several Scrappies
Circa 9th C Saxon Triangular Clothes Fastener (Good scarce find)
17th C Token (Still trying to ID)
Near blank Scottish Hammered - 1601 James I (James VI of Scotland) 1/8th of a Thistle-Merk
Roman Hob-Nail
Henry III Cut Qrter Hammered
3 OK Roman Coins - 2 not brilliant but scarce types I need, 1 nice one of Aurelian that I need (my fav from the bunch) View attachment 1983844 View attachment 1983846 View attachment 1983847 View attachment 1983848 View attachment 1983849 View attachment 1983850 View attachment 1983851 View attachment 1983852 View attachment 1983853 View attachment 1983854 View attachment 1983855
Very Nice!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Rydog

Aug 29, 2012
Idaho
Bummer.
As someone who mainly visits this site just to see the results of your latest hunt (so much cool stuff), I guess I'll be getting a few minutes extra in my weeks ahead.

Cheers!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your kneecap mate, hope you make a speedy recovery.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the comments above.
I will work on my recovery carefully, so I can get back at it as soon as its safe to do so.
In the meantime I will continue to post Cru'dad's finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread