CTH 5 2012 Please post on this thread. October 5th, 6th. & 7th.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK...someone will have to tell me who Bob is. I must have missed something last year. lol

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO, THE MYSTERY CONTINUES.......

Who is Bob?

Now that's funny!

See you in a couple of weeks Nana!

RJGMC/HI BOB!

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, there I was... carrying a Predator shovel and a detector, winding way back into the unexplored tundra also known as "Gypsies creek". I had traveled about as far as I dared and decided to head back to where the other claim jumpers were holed up. The electric fence that I had pushed aside earlier came into view, the first time through wasn't a problem. So why should this one be. Holy Gigawatts was that a mean fence! I guess I just got lucky the first time through, but coming back. That fence works just fine. It took care of all the chigger bites I had, removed a 4 day old beard and I gained a new respect for those wires hanging into the creek bed.

Any other questions?

HI BOB!

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
"HI BOB"....lmao...!!...new respect for electric fences....now that's funny. At least we know we can send our duck billed rattlesnake queen in to draw the rattlesnake's out for our safety....lol. Don't work to hard....later my friend.

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Sorry Rick....I did win that beauty on the very first hunt....and still have it. Pretty sure its worth more than the $5 bucks I paid for it....."Thank you, Burdie".....

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been getting ready all day! Gonna be ready for some 20 degree nights! I picked up 600 washers to seed the hunt. No, don't thank me, I didn't mind!!

jburn57

Apr 11, 2012
Conway Springs, Ks.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, there I was... carrying a Predator shovel and a detector, winding way back into the unexplored tundra also known as "Gypsies creek". I had traveled about as far as I dared and decided to head back to where the other claim jumpers were holed up. The electric fence that I had pushed aside earlier came into view, the first time through wasn't a problem. So why should this one be. Holy Gigawatts was that a mean fence! I guess I just got lucky the first time through, but coming back. That fence works just fine. It took care of all the chigger bites I had, removed a 4 day old beard and I gained a new respect for those wires hanging into the creek bed.

Any other questions?

HI BOB!

LOL. Great story, bit of an extreme way to get rid of chigger bites. LOL.

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had not heard that story. lol Chigger removal.
More stories to start in 16 days.

SSCA0005.jpg SSCA0142.JPG SSCA0113.JPG

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: Ya'll remind me to stay away from Bob while in the field. I'm hoping not to have chigger bites....OR any other kind of bites while in Caldwell. :tongue3:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I remember were those darn buffalo gnats swarming around like crazy & biting...but I believe these were @ CTH3.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I didn't get bit at all. maybe they knew I lived in Ks. It's a little easier to dig when you're not scratching. LOL

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burdie, you keep those buffalo gnats down or I'll release the Louisiana red bugs and I know how much they loved you! Probably in the next 6 weeks or so, we're going back to red bug central to dig in that garden! That should be interesting!

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I was digging in that garden with you. Good luck
No buffalo gnats this year.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14 DAYS FROM RIGHT NOW, I WILL BE ON THE ROAD TO CALDWELL!!!!!!!!

About 4 hours of watching the world go by through a scratched up windshield. Radio, cruise and a cup of coffee.

That also ,means I will be away from work for 4 days. That is always a good thing!

If anyone is considering buying a vibra probe for their detecting arsenal, let me know. I will be bringing one with me to caldwell that is for sale. You can try it before you buy it. $60.00.

See you in 2 weeks!

(still way to quiet for the hunt getting this close!)

HI BOB!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread