CTH 5 2012 Please post on this thread. October 5th, 6th. & 7th.

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
had a great time. was good to see everyone again found a modern coin spill with about 75 cents mostly pinnies in a 3-4 foot area,found the front part of an old toy
tractor that still has some of the paint still on it

i didn't hear any of the trash talking and don't know everything about what happened at the motel 6 but surely she didn't know she was kicking someone out of a room.

my experience at the motel 6 was similar i got a phone call about an hour before i arrived and they had asked me if i would switch to an inside room to accommodate one of the MD'ers who needed a downstairs room witch i gladly did for a discounted rate (hope i didn't bump anyone out of a room also if i did im sorry and didn't know)

Lt1stone

Jan 25, 2008
Newkirk Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70, Gray Ghosts, Pro-Find 25
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stan put on a great hunt and made great accommodations for it!

MADJOKER

Jun 25, 2011
Missouri City, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Lt1stone said:
Stan put on a great hunt and made great accommodations for it!

Ditto!! Great job Stan. Sorry to hear this is the last one and sure glad I got to attend one. Thanks Again!!!

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I'm sad to see that this is the last one...It's one of the hunts I have really been looking forward to for the past 3 years....
Baggins

jburn57

Apr 11, 2012
Conway Springs, Ks.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First hunt with a big group. Luv'd the way the event and everyone were laid back and just enjoying the whole thing. I didn't get to meet everyone but I hope I made some new friends of the ones I did. Had a good time at the creek and scouting it with a few of the ladies. Met a couple Texans, to go arrowhead hunting with also. LOL.

Stan thanks for the hospitality and friendship you showed me and sharing your claim with me. LOL. Our button we found cleaned up nice, someone is missing a button on their Big Smith coveralls. LOL. The locket is still soaking but I did manager to get it open. Will post pics later. Maybe not much of a find but a lot of gooooood memories to go with them and look back on when I look at them.

A Big thank you to everyone,
Jerry

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Vicki and I had a great time seeing all our friends and seeing new ones at the hunt. This was the last Chisholm Trail Hunt that we will put on. If anyone wants to put a hunt on I would suggest to keep it smaller than what mine had grown to. Be blessed and thank you for coming.

Stan, I'm also sorry to hear that there are no more. No one puts on a better hunt than you do sir! Every one I've been to has been great. Thanks for all the memories. You did great. The room situation was beyond your control and you should not try to absorb any of that. Give Vicki my best, and I look forward to seeing you both again. Be Blessed, both of you. You couldn't do it without Vicki, so she deserves an applause also. Thank you Vicki for all the work you've done over the years on these hunts, including so much on this one. It was marvelous, though a bit cool........... :)

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was my first hunt. I came from the Sacramento area to be able to put faces to names. I found everyone fun and ready to share experiences with me. No more CTH? A shame. Keep in touch and will look forward to your visit next year to AZ. I GAURANTEE you will find gold. And, as I said, everyone is invited to both the AZ RV and the house in the Mother Lode! Tnx for the hunt. (who got the gold?) Terry

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Stan and Vicki are the greatest... CTH will live long...Caldwell kansas will be close to my heart and not the last time i visit..Not sure what else to say...

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually talked to her hubby first and then to the manager, so it wasn't just our members that kicked me out. I was told the Manager was going to remove my things from the room if I hadn't immediately gone back to move them myself. That would have been a huge mistake on her part (the manager) if she had done that! I would have had grounds for filing charges as State law in most states have forbidden such action without the owner of the property being present and/or an eviction notice being served. My position would have been even stronger since I had already paid for the room in advance. Right or wrong I hold no malice against anyone from our group because it is not in my nature to do so. I could have caused a horrible big stink if I had wanted to, but I would not do that. I am very sorry if any one's feelings were hurt over it. I didn't hear anything I would call trash talking. A few of the people approached me and asked what happened and I explained as best I could and if there was any trash talking I did not witness it. Stan and Vicki are great people and very kind to let me spend a night at their home. I know it is sometimes a burden to open up to unintended guests but they were kind enouigh to do so and I know they would have done the same for any of our group. I did get to get out for the first time in nearly two years and do some detecting. Yes, I was in some pain, but it was well worth it to get back to the hobby and friends I have learned to love so well. Sometimes it seems everything is crashing down on me, but I will keep coming back so don't coount me out . And besides, what the hell, I won the detector! Monty

Last edited by a moderator:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I an Jacob had a wonderful time with everyone ! It was so good to see you all ! Only on here for a short bit phone dead and cant plug this in right now! But, I will miss all of you... A special thanks to Charlie an Lance for the help you gave me getting this thing going for me ! Lance thanks for virus help an Charlie THANK YOU ! So much for saving all for me ! Daddy thanks for my caandy its good ! An as always Stan an Vicki ... you know how I feel ! Love You ! Evy !

This is Jacob.... I want to thank all for showing me a great time ! An Thanks to Kurt an Gypsy for taking me to the creek ! I want to THANK everyone for a fantastic weekend !!! Oh an to a special little girl I had fun playing with you ! An Alden thanks for dinner Friday an for giving me a hard time LOL !
Jim it was great to spend time with you ! I miss hunting with you Stan an papa ! Love you guys !

nana40hubby

Jan 16, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nana40
I actually talked to her hubby first and then to the manager, so it wasn't just our members that kicked me out. I was told the Manager was going to remove my things from the room if I hadn't immediately gone back to move them myself. That would have been a huge mistake on her part (the manager) if she had done that! I would have had grounds for filing charges as State law in most states have forbidden such action without the owner of the property being present and/or an eviction notice being served. My position would have been even stronger since I had already paid for the room in advance. Right or wrong I hold no malice against anyone from our group because it is not in my nature to do so. I could have caused a horrible big stink if I had wanted to, but I would not do that. I am very sorry if any one's feelings were hurt over it. I didn't hear anything I would call trash talking. A few of the people approached me and asked what happened and I explained as best I could and if there was any trash talking I did not witness it. Stan and Vicki are great people and very kind to let me spend a night at their home. I know it is sometimes a burden to open up to unintended guests but they were kind enouigh to do so and I know they would have done the same for any of our group. I did get to get out for the first time in nearly two years and do some detecting. Yes, I was in some pain, but it was well worth it to get back to the hobby and friends I have learned to love so well. Sometimes it seems everything is crashing down on me, but I will keep coming back so don't coount me out . And besides, what the hell, I won the detector! Monty

This is a quote from Monty "Right or wrong I hold no malice against anyone from our group because it is not in my nature to do so."
Let's honor what Monty said and drop all of this at least publicly. Stan did a great job putting on a great hunt. Let's honor Monty's wishes and honor the hard work that Stan has put in on this and drop it. The one thing that I will say is that I'm sorry surely goes a long way!

I an Jacob had a wonderful time with everyone ! It was so good to see you all ! Only on here for a short bit phone dead and cant plug this in right now! But, I will miss all of you... Daddy thanks for my candy its good ! An as always Stan an Vicki ... you know how I feel ! Love You ! Evy !

This is Jacob.... I want to thank all for showing me a great time ! An Thanks to Kurt an Gypsy for taking me to the creek ! I want to THANK everyone for a fantastic weekend !!! Oh an to a special little girl I had fun playing with you ! An Alden thanks for dinner Friday an for giving me a hard time LOL !
Jim it was great to spend time with you ! I miss hunting with you Stan an papa ! Love you guys !

This is the kind of posts that should be on here and I am guilty as anyone and for that I am very sorry. All I know is that someone I consider a friend was in my opinion done wrong and I felt like something needed to be said. In retrospect I wish that I had not put that on here. I am sorry Stan for helping to make this a big deal. Let's concentrate on the positive's of this hunt and if we need to talk out and air our grievances do it via email or phone call. Again I'm sorry that I have participated publicly. I should have just kept my mouth shut and or taken this up with the people involved personally. Please forgive me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have cleaned or removed the posts that are in direct violation of several of TreasureNet rules and did not belong on here at all. This could have been handled via pms , trash talking about any member by name does not belong on our forums at all.......

Please keep replies and posts with in the guidelines of our rules any posts that are not will be removed...............

Last edited:

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I enjoyed seeing everyone and our time of fellowship, it was a great weekend as always when in the warm hearted city of Caldwell :0)

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
This was my first hunt. I came from the Sacramento area to be able to put faces to names. I found everyone fun and ready to share experiences with me. No more CTH? A shame. Keep in touch and will look forward to your visit next year to AZ. I GAURANTEE you will find gold. And, as I said, everyone is invited to both the AZ RV and the house in the Mother Lode! Tnx for the hunt. (who got the gold?) Terry

Nana won the gold Terry it was a great gift you gave

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Vicki and I had a great time seeing all our friends and seeing new ones at the hunt. This was the last Chisholm Trail Hunt that we will put on. If anyone wants to put a hunt on I would suggest to keep it smaller than what mine had grown to. Be blessed and thank you for coming.

Time will tell my brother time will tell :0) be glad to see you two in the south again

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stan, my brother, and I had a great time. We want to thank you so much for everything. No one could have made it happen any better. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

I'm sure Vicki had a hand in this also. We also thank her for everything she made you do to make this right....

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, my friends. Glad to hear Nana won the gold. There's more where that came from... in AZ! C'mon down! I left South Haven sun morn and arrived in AZ Mon night. Long scoot! Had to SLOW DOWN so I could pick up the bass guitar in Presott Tue morn. Now back in Murpys. Stopped at the RV just long enough to say hi to Jerry (Supa Fly) who drove from Indiana to look for gold in AZ. I am humbled and flattered that someone would come from so far on just my word. And my word is... you will go home with gold, Jerry! Tnx for coming down. Now, Caldwell.... A real BLAST! I will do it again, Stan.... with or without a CTH. CTH may come and go but friends are forever! Soon. Tnx all for a wonderful welcome and good fun. (Gypsy, you're hot) TTC

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, my friends. Glad to hear Nana won the gold. There's more where that came from... in AZ! C'mon down! I left South Haven sun morn and arrived in AZ Mon night. Long scoot! Had to SLOW DOWN so I could pick up the bass guitar in Presott Tue morn. Now back in Murpys. Stopped at the RV just long enough to say hi to Jerry (Supa Fly) who drove from Indiana to look for gold in AZ. I am humbled and flattered that someone would come from so far on just my word. And my word is... you will go home with gold, Jerry! Tnx for coming down. Now, Caldwell.... A real BLAST! I will do it again, Stan.... with or without a CTH. CTH may come and go but friends are forever! Soon. Tnx all for a wonderful welcome and good fun. (Gypsy, you're hot) TTC

Jacob an I would love it ! Maybe someday ???:hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread