XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A49A11CD-1E1F-4AF3-8EEF-F1393465CA57.jpeg

I am down by the Columbia River DuPont is by Seattle. WA nevertheless.

:occasion14:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went thru that also when I got my CTX. But then when I look back, it happened with my ATP and ACE. Once you start pulling out good targets, you’ll see the difference in the sound. I still do pull a few out here and there, but they have a slightly annoying tone IMO. Best of Luck!

One_more_hole

Jul 17, 2017
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Equinox 800; Explorer II; Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! I am a bit new to the CTX and had a question about the VDI/Sound/Visual for screw caps. I went to a park today. I was trying to dig bad/good (iffy) signals today because I have not had any luck finding anything silver and I thought this might be a way to find things other detectors could not distinguish. The park is one of the older ones in town, but I think the park has been hit many times since forever. So I was trying this to see if I could pull anything out of the ground. Well I did not. I only found screw caps and pull tabs. I dug about 20 malt liquor screw caps, and modern pull tabs.

I get the pull tab thing but I did not think screw caps rung exactly the same as quarters. Is this what other people get?

I was running FE CO, coin mode, basically factory settings. The VDI/Sound/Visual were the same for the screw caps as for quarters: high bell tone, 12-45, and a tight red ball on the screen. After about 10 of these I was trying to figure out a "tell" and I could not. Any advice or is this like pull tabs
meaning tough luck there is no tell dig them all. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1514619

I use the stock coins program modified with Andy Sabisch's discrimination recommendations. I seldom dig screw caps.

metaldiggr

Feb 13, 2015
South Central Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get 12.40 for caps. I've dug a million, the King George I found hit 12.40 so I dig them all. I can usually tell by the tone. It has what I call a smear at the beginning, end or both. If you hit/dig enough you'll start to notice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread