Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on year 5 of my CTX and ready to send it in for repair. The Speaker went out about 3 months after warranty but I used I typically used my waterproof headphones, so it wasn't really an issue. Until now....Now even with my headphones plugged in, the volume goes thru both headphones and speaker and it sounds horrible.

Will they let me know what the costs will be before I send it in? or once they receive it?
Also, would they sort of check other things to make sure its in top working order or maybe do a software update?

And is it KellyCo that handles all this? I remember hearing that from TreasureHunter in the past, but dont know if things have changed.

I only ask because I know Garrett pretty much goes thru the entire machine and even changed housings and made it look almost brand new when I sent my machine to them.

I love my CTX, but it does the weirdest things, I've already had a coil just die and a battery just stop working.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It goes to Minelab repair center at Ft Bedford Detectors in PA. They will let you know ahead of time what the cost will be and they will check it out for other issues, report all known issues.

You have to contact Minelab and set it up.

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It goes to Minelab repair center at Ft Bedford Detectors in PA. They will let you know ahead of time what the cost will be and they will check it out for other issues, report all known issues.

You have to contact Minelab and set it up.
Thank you sir!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread