CTX shaft issues

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
I've noticed that the upper shaft of the latest version of CTX have a thinner diameter then the first generation: sand an salt are blocking very easily the down shaft, even after hunt!

So you need to carefully clean it.

Concerning the battery, if the ring has been upgraded (Modded), don't open the battery pack after the hunt! Clean & use ring lub ONLY when the battery needs to be recharged.

Jrod1101

Greenie
Dec 16, 2011
Goodyear, Arizona
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000, CTX 3030, Tesoro Lobo (Orig. 20 kHz)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gravediggermax talks about this issue in his video, he uses a spray that is some type of rubber coating for his shaft in the first minute of the video. I have learned a lot from him, he is a great wealth of knowledge and has lots of experience so I would trust his judgement being that he is out on the beach once a day and sometimes twice a day.

Here is the link to the video: https://youtu.be/lGbAn0F4R70

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gravediggermax talks about this issue in his video, he uses a spray that is some type of rubber coating for his shaft in the first minute of the video. I have learned a lot from him, he is a great wealth of knowledge and has lots of experience so I would trust his judgement being that he is out on the beach once a day and sometimes twice a day.

Here is the link to the video: https://youtu.be/lGbAn0F4R70
He is using spray on plasti-dip.....Same thing you use to dip your tools to rubber dip tool handles...

SteveCz

Dec 25, 2021
Problem: Over time the lower shaft no longer has a snug fit where it joins the upper shaft.
Solution: Wrap electrical tape tightly and at a 45 degree angle avoiding double wrap as much as possible for a total length of 3 to 4 inches at cam pressure point. Very reliable fix for heavy salt water and sand abused lower shaft. Tape might start to unwrap over time but the most I have had to re-apply is twice per year. Reapply back at home. This fix never leaves me stranded in the field. Super easy fix compared to any other suggestion that I have seen. Yes, works even underwater. CTX Shaft is 5 years old and works with this fix.

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread