Ctx3030 coil connection

Jermbo

May 7, 2013
Hi, I went to swap out coils today on my ctx3030 and noticed one of the pins broke off where the coil connects to the unit. Does anyone know if I can just order a generic connector and replace it myself or is it minelab specific part? The machine is out of warranty and I don’t want to ship it in and have it stuck in the shop the rest of the year. I plugged coil in and it still seams to work, I’m just wondering what that pin was for if it still works. Thanks! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1594119939.455182.jpg

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are you located? That would be a quick turn around repair if your in the states.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send it in, it is a quick fix.

OP
OP
J

Jermbo

May 7, 2013
Yeah I figured it would be a quick fix, last time I sent it in, I had to send it to Florida for service and it took forever to get screen replaced, it still works without that one pin for some reason. I guess I’ve used it over a year already with it broke before I noticed. I wonder if they would replace the whole piece that it is connected to or just replace the connector. I emailed minelab service already and am awaiting their response as well.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all pins are used, if all features are working then not as big a deal. What they replace will depend on what parts they have in stock.

OP
OP
J

Jermbo

May 7, 2013
Ok, yeah it seams to be working fine, if it continues to work the rest of the year maybe I’ll send it in for service this winter. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread