Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found a coin 31 years older than the town I live in! Drove by as spot all winter with glittering glass everywhere when the sun hit it just right in late afternoon. On closer inspection (today was the day I parked and checked it out) saw it was period glass, square nails, old forged iron bits, china pieces, etc...all the stuff we love to see on a site. Site hunted is between the fence and the road up to the 45 mph sign in the picture. My second target was a banging 93 signal and looked what decided to pay me a visit. This is the only US large cent variety I've never dug and I thought I would never dig another large cent living in Colorado (used to live in Virginia). The rush never goes away. My best friend thinks its a stagecoach era drop, wonder if someone looted a wells fargo wagon or something. Thanks for looking. The brooch has cut smokey quartz (seven in all) maybe a clean-up to come.

Attachments

• curbside site.JPG
    curbside site.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 186
  • nonferrous.JPG
    nonferrous.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 75
  • fancy.JPG
    fancy.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
  • maybespinner.JPG
    maybespinner.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
  • on edge.JPG
    on edge.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 81
  • brooch.JPG
    brooch.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
  • broochclean.JPG
    broochclean.JPG
    413.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Upvote 23

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a coin 31 years older than the town I live in! Drove by as spot all winter with glittering glass everywhere when the sun hit it just right in late afternoon. On closer inspection (today was the day I parked and checked it out) saw it was period glass, square nails, old forged iron bits, china pieces, etc...all the stuff we love to see on a site. Site hunted is between the fence and the road up to the 45 mph sign in the picture. My second target was a banging 93 signal and looked what decided to pay me a visit. This is the only US large cent variety I've never dug and I thought I would never dig another large cent living in Colorado. The rush never goes away. My best friend thinks its a stagecoach era drop, wonder if someone looted a wells fargo wagon or something. Thanks for looking. The brooch has cut smokey quartz (seven in all) maybe a clean-up to come.
Nice,cool finds!Good eye to notice the site,hope more finds come your way!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a coin 31 years older than the town I live in! Drove by as spot all winter with glittering glass everywhere when the sun hit it just right in late afternoon. On closer inspection (today was the day I parked and checked it out) saw it was period glass, square nails, old forged iron bits, china pieces, etc...all the stuff we love to see on a site. Site hunted is between the fence and the road up to the 45 mph sign in the picture. My second target was a banging 93 signal and looked what decided to pay me a visit. This is the only US large cent variety I've never dug and I thought I would never dig another large cent living in Colorado (used to live in Virginia). The rush never goes away. My best friend thinks its a stagecoach era drop, wonder if someone looted a wells fargo wagon or something. Thanks for looking. The brooch has cut smokey quartz (seven in all) maybe a clean-up to come.
Nice!!!!! Congrats!!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunt and congrats on the LC.
What's on the other side of that fence?
I would be guessing the finds continues on.

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's rather amazing you found a coin that old in Montrose.
thought it was a clad quarter at first, kinda flabbergasted by it, when I put it on the club finds table at the monthly meeting they are going to think I cheated lol

Last edited:

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well done and big time gratz on the largie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread