Custom Deus1/2 remote control neck holder.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've already posted this in the Deus forum but it was suggested I also post under Deus 2 since it works with both machines (meaning it will also work with the ORX).

Not sure how else to describe this other than a 'neck holder' for the remote.

I've gotten used to using the XY screen on both my Deus 1 and 2. But constantly having to follow the remote with my eyes when it's mounted on the end of the shaft can be a literal pain in the neck.

Then I saw various 'neck holders' for cell phones online. I figured I could adapt one to hold the Deus remote, so I ordered the one you see in my photos from Target. I chose this one because of the way the phone holder is mounted on a plastic ball. There are different brands with varying mounting methods but I couldn't see any way to adapt those.

I discarded the phone holder, then ground down the ball on the end and epoxied a spare Deus remote mount where the ball was. The photos should speak for themselves.

So now I can swing the detector while looking at the remote without moving my head. Might seem unnecessary but if you have issues with your neck, it's very helpful.

It was asked in the other thread if this gets in the way while digging--I can only say that if you bend it the way I show in my photos it sits pretty close to your body, so even when bending down to dig it's not in the way at all--at least for the way I dig.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 55

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well what ever works for you, go for it.
I have only used the X/Y screen on the Deus 1. I go by sound then confirm glancing down at the screen.
The Deus 2 I'm going mostly by just sound, then confirming the #s.
I seem to have quite the coordinated eye/arm abilities. As I can see the screen when swinging.
Though the eyes are usually looking at the ground for eyeball finds.
But I have to give you an A for thinking out of the box.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I did just use the case of a WS6 wristband to attach a wide fabric elastic band to which I really like bc it feels like a small watch and slips on and off easily. I leave my remote on its own shaft but will often just use the wrist banded WS6 with a bare shaft and 9” coil. It’s the most minimalist metal detector but is super capable.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Knowing that XP has put most of their emphasis on sound, I only hunt based on tones. The rc stays safely and cleanly in my pocket only to be used to make slight adjustments. It is a new way of detecting for me (relying solely on my ears) but am enjoying honing my ears. My target pre-dig identification is pretty good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread