Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Where do I begin? Got permission to hunt a cut soybean field that once had a ball diamond on it back in the 60s-70s. Was hoping for some rosies but that area turned out to be full of pull tabs and no silver as of yet. So I began to explore the rest of the field and found a silver GW in one area and a decent size iron patch in another. I just stumbled onto a early site:headbang: In two trips Ive pulled countless buttons, bits of lead and pewter and some buckle fragments and lots of whatsits. I got the toasted square shaped Braided hair LC tonight too but the 1/4 cut Spanish is my first milled real. Found a cob last year. Looks to be an early to mid 18th century Pistareen but Ill let the experts chime in

Attachments

• IMG_0463.JPG
    IMG_0463.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0464.JPG
    IMG_0464.JPG
    355.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    346 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 27

SOSDIVING

Apr 2, 2014
Wake Forest, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter PI
White's Surfmaster II VLF
Tesoro Bandido II VLF
Tesoro Cibola VLF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Toasted: Cheers to you, what a great site and thanks for sharing, that cut piece of silver is an awesome find along with the flat buttons and buckle frames. Always neat to think back of who last had that in their pocket or hand, and now it's in yours. I consider my detector a time machine, as it takes us all back in time for these historical finds. Thanks for documenting and sharing. CHEERS

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do some research, all details are there so should be easy to get the date, King, etc. is it a 1/2, 1, or 2 Real?

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa, you just found a really good site. The silver is an excellent find, and the little complete buckle is freakin gorgeous.

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, what an amazing haul! Love the details on the belt buckles, and the real fragment is in great condition (for a fragment). Congrats! -Lisa & John

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats. nothing at all like stumbling onto an old site. when i am hunting, i sometimes get a feeling about an area and wander over to check it out. sometimes it really pays off. i also look for these places when i drive around. never bring a group with me either. dont call me THE rogue relic hunter for nothing. :laughing7: keep that site all to yourself.

PBR

Nov 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the cut silver. I really love the complete shoe buckle. I think those are called spectacle buckles.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the item deserving the spotlight is that spectacle. Wow, I do not see many posted on here from our side of the pond. Killer killer find🏅

Nice Spanish. Perhaps PM Mackeydon or DoninSJ for a better ID.

Cheers

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the item deserving the spotlight is that spectacle. Wow, I do not see many posted on here from our side of the pond. Killer killer find��

Nice Spanish. Perhaps PM Mackeydon or DoninSJ for a better ID.

Cheers
So that buckle dates to first half of 1700s just like the Pistareen? Wasnt sure if it was 18th or 19th.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Spanish Silver.
Combined with the buckle and buttons and you have proof of being on a Colonial Site.
Congratulations

chefjuan

Sep 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah man, great finds!! Super cool digs that must of been a blast cheers to you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
So that buckle dates to first half of 1700s just like the Pistareen? Wasnt sure if it was 18th or 19th.

That buckle may even dip into the 17th century. I'll look tomorrow. I'm still looking for my first buckle of that type. Congrats

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful array of finds. Agreed on the spectacle...could be much earlier than the coin, which looks like a Philip v 2 reale from the 1720s

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pg 65 from Ross Whithead's "Buckles 1250-1800"

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    880.6 KB · Views: 97
OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pg 65 from Ross Whithead's "Buckles 1250-1800"

Thats awesome. Thanks for the pic. It reminded me of the possible pin/clasp found nearby.

Attachments

• IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    560.7 KB · Views: 72

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No sweat. Couldn't find a perfect match (trefoil molding at loops and strap bars) but it sure looks period. BillVA, GW digger, etc or some of our British friends should have more legit info...I'm just giving my best guess.

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Toasted I hunt super early sites all the time and have never found a spectacle buckle. Over 20 shoe buckles but never one of those. That's the star of the show my friend. Congrats my friend on a great little piece of silver as well. I would hunt the hell out of that spot til there wasn't a squeak left. You could find some super early stuff there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread