CW Eagle Belt Plate..1783 Reale and more Field Hunts!!!

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These finds are from 2 different hunts. Thursday I got out and hit a couple of new fields and had great luck. The first field is where the CW sword plate came from. I got a solid quarter signal that was pretty deep and dug down maybe 8 or 9 " then I seen a flat brass piece with the tongue sticking up. I knew I had a buckle but I had no idea what I had until I flipped it over. Then came the shock of seeing half the buckle. It is obvious it was destroyed by a plow. I went back to the field the next day and found the smaller piece near by. I hope I can find the rest but who knows where it could be. I'm still excited as all get out.

The next field was across the street. First thing I found was the beautifully engraved silver pocket watch cover from the 1800s. It was sitting on top of the ground and bent in half. The next target was the rest of the watch. I finished up the field by getting the 1882 Indian.

The next hunt was the fun one. I got onto a fresh field and was finding a bunch of can slaw!! After a couple hours I got the sweet looking 1876 Indian. Needed that one for my dug set. Next target about 10 minutes later was my 5th 2-center this year. An 1866. After that it was pretty slow. I got a CW cuff button and was gonna call it a day. I decided to do one last row and got another 07-27 which is what the 2-cent came in. Dug down and seen silver. After a quick look I thought I had a 20-cent due to its size. Upon picking it up and noticing how thin it was, I seen that huge nose of Carolous III. Finally I snagged my first Spanish silver. I had a fun and exciting weekend and wish the fields never ended. HH All!!

Attachments

• DSC_0126.JPG
    DSC_0126.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC_0130.JPG
    DSC_0130.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC_0147.JPG
    DSC_0147.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC_0151.JPG
    DSC_0151.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC_0156.JPG
    DSC_0156.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC_0159.JPG
    DSC_0159.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC_0162.JPG
    DSC_0162.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 226
Upvote 11

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its got to be there somewhere, keep looking...

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That buckle is a heart breaker but it will still display nice. :icon_thumright:

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, congrats on the spanish silver and good luck finding the rest of that buckle.

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL RELIC HUNTING PEOPLE:BangHead:==ED

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you tell me why a lot of reales have holes in them? were they used much for jewerly? I have seen some that came out of an indain site that had the hole. Anyway that is a great find.:occasion14:

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great assortment of prized finds there, Nooberz! The Spanish Silver would be my favorite of the bunch, especially since its holed. Now that you've found the 1876 Indian Head, how close are you to completing a "dug" set?

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you tell me why a lot of reales have holes in them? were they used much for jewerly? I have seen some that came out of an indain site that had the hole. Anyway that is a great find.:occasion14:

Good question, Monsterrack. Lots of the older coins had holes in them, and for a variety of reasons. The main one seems to be that the holed coins could be strung together on a string for safe keeping/loss prevention. There were other good reasons that coins were holed. I've noticed that large cents, half cents, and reales are the coins most commonly found with holes in them. Hope that helps.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The coins were not kept on a string, but rather a thin piece of wire to keep them from being lost.

Your finds are really great. The rest of that plate IS there, but you will have to be diligent to find it. Then the great news is that you can have it restored and it will be beautiful in the case.

Seriously great stuff, and don't worry about the breaks. Just find the pieces. They are there.

Congrats on the Spanish!

-Buck

Lcb24kt

Jan 31, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75, Blisstool, Whites TDI, Whites MXT all pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Looks like you have a fun spot to play in! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Nooberz

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great assortment of prized finds there, Nooberz! The Spanish Silver would be my favorite of the bunch, especially since its holed. Now that you've found the 1876 Indian Head, how close are you to completing a "dug" set?

I need 11 more. They were flying off the list but of course most of the tough dates will be hard to get if ever :)

OP
OP
Nooberz

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coins were not kept on a string, but rather a thin piece of wire to keep them from being lost.

Your finds are really great. The rest of that plate IS there, but you will have to be diligent to find it. Then the great news is that you can have it restored and it will be beautiful in the case.

Seriously great stuff, and don't worry about the breaks. Just find the pieces. They are there.

Congrats on the Spanish!

-Buck

Thanks Buck. I spent a few hours just to get the small piece, I just hope the rest isn't too deep. I would love to get it restored. Time will tell.

Wes-N-VA

Nov 9, 2008
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
The XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt! I like the 2 cent piece. Keep checking back and find the other half of the eagle plate. :icon_thumleft:

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds.Those plows are rough on relics.hope ya find the rest of it.keep up the great work

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds! The coins are nice and Congrats on the Spanish Silver! That Box Plate is Awesome! Hope you can find the rest of it! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions