guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just got a CZ21 last week ..The MD is only 8 weeks new .. Would low Batteries cause the thing to act erratic & False like crazy. tone getting stuck on a signal.. I did a battery test both lights light up .. But there cheap batteries .... I switched the batteries to duracel's from cheap wallgreen batteries that were in there . I hope This helps .... guzz1

FelixtheCat

Jan 24, 2008
Miami
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 / Tesoros Deleon & Sand Shark
I don't think that batteries would do what you described. They would either provide power or not. Good luck!

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
did you try to turn the sentivity down? mine will false if i go over 6. on my beach

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Yea I did ... I do think the batteries were low this morning at the beach . I switch them out it seems to have settle down some . But i won't really know till i get out to the beach tomorrow .. thats where it go's queer on ...me inland fine,,,,,,, guzz

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had this happen to my CZ20 when the batteries tested fine on the battery test. I switched out the batteries and it worked fine. I do know the thing doesn't like Lithium batteries and goes crazy. Another thing to check is the clamps to make sure they are tight on the battery holders.

Good Luck.

FelixtheCat

Jan 24, 2008
Miami
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 / Tesoros Deleon & Sand Shark
Sandman said:
I do know the thing doesn't like Lithium batteries and goes crazy.

That's interesting! Are lithiums more powerful? I hope that NiMh work OK I just bought 4 recently for my CZ-20

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
I switch batteries out tested last night at the beach and seemed to stable out ok . but it did get stuck on a junk signal . I had to shut down and turn it back on then it was ok ... I Think it might have to go back to fisher for check up .. the md is only 2 months old .. I don't get it ... works fine inland. dry sand and wet sand .. water ???,, guzz1 ...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guzz, I have a beach that I can hardly use any detector because they go unstable, but they work fine elsewhere. It might be radio transmissions from a cell tower, police post, or any number of things at that location.

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you use NiMh make sure to get the good ones. And make sure you get a good charger like a La Crosse. The 2000-2500 dont hold up well. Stay away from the big store brand and RS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread