May 31, 2014
Riverview
Detector(s) used
MineLab Equinox 900
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So I’ve been researching the two underwater detectors fishers CZ 21 and Excalibur. I realize both seem to be good under water detectors, but I was trying to find out what is the big difference between the two. The Excalibur seems to be a little bit more expensive. And it seems like the Fisher CZ 21 is not utilized by as many people as the Excalibar I’ll be it seems to be for diving as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Upvote 4

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Me, I favor the excalibur. My opinion, when either is learned, each can be as good as the other. I do think the CZ21 is more durable, many have said it was "Built like a Tank". And I did use both early on, in time.......... I fell in Love with the excalibur, and sold the CZ..

river roamer

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2022
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II Excalibur 1000 Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I stepped up from an old Garrett XL 200 to an Excalibur
I have had great success using it
I can't comment on the CZ 21 as I have not used one

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I’ve been researching the two underwater detectors fishers CZ 21 and Excalibur. I realize both seem to be good under water detectors, but I was trying to find out what is the big difference between the two. The Excalibur seems to be a little bit more expensive. And it seems like the Fisher CZ 21 is not utilized by as many people as the Excalibar I’ll be it seems to be for diving as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Excalibur all day long, like Beechnut says!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: OBN

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used CZ21s - but I hunt in all metal and go slow and deep
I mostly try and hit older areas - you want to discriminate hunting - Minelab
is way to go

2012 was a good year

6mmslayer

Aug 17, 2019
Va
Detector(s) used
Excalibur detech coil. Tesoro tiger shark, Xp deus 2, Nokta Anfibio muli, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a cz20 for years but have switched to an excalibur. Th cz20s are tough and i used it stock with the belt attachment. The excalibur headphones suck and I personally don't like the stock shaft. Mine wears a detector pro headphones and a Anderson carbon shaft. I wouldn't hesitate to use either just learn whatever one you go with.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve used both. I didn’t like having to open the box on the CZ with that thin gasket. It took a little more time to learn how to tune it right as well. The Xcal for the most part with more tones gave you a better read on targets. Easily modified thanks to Joe so PP mode allowed more sensitivity to be used. The shafts and phones… well …. aren’t worth the money. Both can be costly to repair especially if you put in a lot of hours. I’ve not heard much out of Fisher lately either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread