cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone tried some of the aftermarket D2 accessories such as the coil adaptor to center the lower rod on the coil, and the remote mount which is supposed to lock it to the shaft? The stock mount is pitiful and allows the remote to come off with only the slightest bump. Some are listed as coming from Ukraine......any issues with that considering the war over there?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Has anyone tried some of the aftermarket D2 accessories such as the coil adaptor to center the lower rod on the coil, and the remote mount which is supposed to lock it to the shaft? The stock mount is pitiful and allows the remote to come off with only the slightest bump. Some are listed as coming from Ukraine......any issues with that considering the war over there?
I found that the stock mount has to be perfectly aligned.
It locks in tight then it seems.
Otherwise it does pop off.

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered a awesome control box cover from there a month ish back. Almost faster shipping here then from the west coast. And it right through Kiyv.
To bad it doesn't fit my unit😞 really nice cover🤘

philber

Apr 11, 2016
Loveland Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We tried the mounting shoe for the remote/head unit made by detectingdoodads. Hers broke recently and waiting to hear back from him. One guys post on facebook says he's had two break on him, so maybe cheap materials, or just running production too fast? As far as locking it in place better - yes, and no. It does hold better than the factory mount, but it can also come loose, as it has a couple times for me. Always use the factory tether string just in case!
I think the biggest problem is the stupid mounting design from Deus in the first place, as its near worthless for real life usage. All doodads does is copy that exact design, and then add a small "bar" of sorts at the front that you can screw tight to allegedly stop the remote from sliding off. So for that matter, you could drill a hole in the factory mount and add you own locking bar that screws down and holds the remote in place. By the way, you have to sand down the doodads version to fit the Deus shaft as its a smidge too big.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really dislike 3-d printed products. They are cheap and poorly made. 3-d printing shouldn’t be for production items only prototypes for that reason.
I prefer to come up with my own solutions to modify or improve my equipment- I enjoy the challenge and the results are usually better.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really dislike 3-d printed products. They are cheap and poorly made. 3-d printing shouldn’t be for production items only prototypes for that reason.
I prefer to come up with my own solutions to modify or improve my equipment- I enjoy the challenge and the results are usually better.
Up north we have a fix for most things.
Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 8.00.41 AM.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions