Dallas gives it up and so did I

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Spent the week in Dallas. Had a good week working and a good week detecting!
First day I go out to a park, I get a signal and proceed to dig it up. WRONG!!
They haven't had rain in awhile and the ground is like cement. I'm used to digging in the Florida sand ;D .
I had to stick to the wood chips. Found $13.82 in clad, a silver 1959 dime, a wheatie, a silver ring .925,
a pumpkin stage coach (Cinderella) .925 charm and a bunch of other stuff. I found these brass balls that are screwed together. Does anyone know what they are???
While there I also left a pint of the red stuff.
Going to Omaha next week and meeting up with Nedigger, can't wait!!

Good Luck and HH

Baddog1

Attachments

• IMG_0235 (616 x 440).jpg
    IMG_0235 (616 x 440).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 433
Upvote 0

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog,
?Nice finds it seems that Brassball are turning up all over the place. ?I think yours are about the 5th set found. ?It's funny how no two sets are the same. ?I would of had to named this post BADDOG DOES DALLAS.

Great Pic by the way I love the text

Kermit

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
A real nice haul there BadDog. Lots of variety, especially being mostly in the wood chips.

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog!

Really great stuff!!!! You did good!

Have a great time in Omaha!!!

Nana ;)

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro, HeadHunter Pirate
Nice finds Baddog. lol and now you to have a set of brass balls. Am going to leave it at that. wb

Gold Digger

Jul 21, 2003
The United States of Texas
Hey Baddog... Mark the brass balls up as being claimed by the owner!! My best friend used to have a set of brass balls but then he got married a while back and ever since he just isn't the same. I think he also lost his spine... Maybe the one Beekrock found was his??

M

mchamby

Great finds it must be you got there at the right time or no one else has detected there in a while. You guys are too funny with your BRASS comments :D :D
Here is definately an ata boy for your blood contribution it a good way too help people and it doesn't cost a thing. ;) Happy Hunting in Omaha
Mchamby

OP
OP
BADDOG

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Thanks for all the great comments. I really am curious as to what these brass things are.
I'm almost a little afraid to find out maybe.
I was at a customer of ours and they had a blood drive going on that day. I was asked to donate and didn't even hesitate.
All it costs is about 10 minutes of your time and it could make a difference!
Mchamby, this was a weeks worth of detecting I probably hit 10 schools and 10 parks. Some produced alot some produced very little.
I found lots of nickels, shame on you Dallas hunters hunting in coin mode ;D .

By the way I came across a few places that I couldn't hunt but looked good, PM me for details.

If anyone else wants to get together in my travels I have trips to Toledo, Las Vegas, Atlanta and Colorado Springs coming up.

Good Luck and HH

Baddog1

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
Hey Baddog1 - Great finds. I hope we can pull up the goodies here as well. That brass locket looks like one I found here except the loop on mine is gone. Does yours say "Love Forever" on the back? HH.

OP
OP
BADDOG

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
nedigger said:
Hey Baddog1 - Great finds. I hope we can pull up the goodies here as well. That brass locket looks like one I found here except the loop on mine is gone. Does yours say "Love Forever" on the back? HH.

Yep with 2 very bad pictures in it.
I wonder if it was plated, at some time.

Good luck and HH

Baddog1

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
Mine had no pictures. If it was plated there are no signs of it left. Found mine at an old school here a couple inches down. HH.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt! No idea what the brass balls are but if you ever need a pair, you got em, LOL! HH, Mike

kneedpnholes

Sep 17, 2005
Eastman, Ga.
Hey when you come to Atlanta check out the public mines just outside of Atlanta where you can pay $10 for 5 gallons of dirt and they provide the stuff to pan it out. You get to keep anything you find! You can even find a guide to take you panning for gold around Atlanta in the streams. It was on travel channel last week so just google it and check it out. Would be fun to do anyway and you can always do with a couple more " nuggets" huh? Hehehehhe!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread