Dang My Garrett At Pro Pointer Died..

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well first the battery in my headphones died. No big deal. Poped the first plug and the carrot did nothing. Turned it off and on then it wouldent stop buzzing. Swapped batteries and the same thing. Took it apart to find moisture and rust on the circuit board...Great. Well I ordered the cheapest Pin pointer on Amazon this morning for $20 bucks shipped. Well see how it works. The Garrett is over 4 years old. Will call them and see what it costs to get it fixed. I was using it in the lake last weekend with no issues. It was not drenched inside just a few drops of moisture.

Upvote 0

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$20 Amazon pinpointer won?t do you any good. Garret has a great support team and from what I?ve seen when people send stuff in they either fix it free or give a brand new one, not 100% sure on that though.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I plan on the Amazon one being super temporary. Really not expecting much from it lol. I'll call Garrett at some point today and see what they can do.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was pretty happy with my cheap Amazon pinpointer. Till my husband loaned me his Garrett. That he isn't getting back. Lol!

Last edited:

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first one did the same thing two years ago so I got a new one. I check it from time to time and it still won't stop beeping till I shut it off..

(Let us know what they say. It might be worth me sending mine in as well. Thanks.)

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the cheap one will be here tomorrow so well see how it is. Unfortunately I ordered the one that is only partially water proof :BangHead: I'll probaly return it and get the one thats fully submersible. I called Garrett and they said to send it in. It's $22 bucks to check it out and then they would let me know what it costs to fix after that.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have sent mine in for repair and was pleasantly surprised by how reasonable priced the repair was and how quickly I got it back. It came back looking brand new. It went bad because I kept it in my van at all times to include extremely hot days which I believe was to blame for it needing repaired.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I wish I show you the shipping route this Amazon pinpointer took. It's rather comical. It was in Milwaukee Friday morning. Got sent as far as Aroura Illinois by saturday evening THEN made its way to my house yesterday lol. Anyways it works kind of. Definitely returning this one. Time to send in the carrot to get fixed.

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett customer service is top notch. Send your pro pointer in to get fixed!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was pretty happy with my cheap Amazon pinpointer. Till my husband loaned me his Garrett. That he isn't getting back. Lol!

Now he knows what to get you for your anniversary!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread