🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Dated ornate copper buckle

J_leiser

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2012
Greetings all. I have been trying to ID a buckle I found about 15 years ago. Never had any luck, thought I would try again. The buckle is copper. The lower middle portion reads "Pat. 1856-1870". Included in the photo is a Lincoln penny for size context. The additional photo's are relics I found within 50 yards that may or may not put the period into context. Not implying that it is related but the site was located within a few miles of a Confederate prison. Any input would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!!

Attachments

• buckle.jpg
    buckle.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 108
  • buckle with penny.jpg
    buckle with penny.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 36
  • buckle back.jpg
    buckle back.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 32
  • ring and bullet.jpg
    ring and bullet.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
J_leiser

J_leiser

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2012
Mid to late 1800's suspender buckle
Thanks for your reply. Yeah that's as far as I have gotten over the years, I guess I have to come to terms with the fact I will never find the exact same one. There were probably thousands of different variations.

Upvote 1

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your reply. Yeah that's as far as I have gotten over the years, I guess I have to come to terms with the fact I will never find the exact same one. There were probably thousands of different variations.
There are thousands. Also, good to see that one of my suspender buckle collection photos is making the rounds :)

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread