day 2 Equinox 800 newer users/potential buyers/those who can help

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
First been getting some great help on a few sites... Having not detected in over 10 years (since my 10000 coin year seriously burned me out...) I will be asking the questions to get this detector (the Equinox 800) correct.
I post on 2/3 sites as that is the way I get the help I need...and the newest beast is...back when I acheived my goal this site was a great motivator and the members were/are great thanks...

the Equinox...

From hunt #1 what I did wrong... I had a lot of chatter turned down sensitivity...to 15...
Hunt #2 found out the emi.. was caused by>>>>my phone! So for hunt #2 did not bring a phone ...lol...maybe I suggest just turn it off..so you know when to leave...

Also with my phone I had issues with my handheld pin pointer interfering with the detector...without the phone none...

Next I was told by a couple to dig only repeatable signals... I mixed that up with repeatable tid..after talking with a few seasoned vets on the Equinox... The tones are important..the target id numbers on the Equinox not so important...they jump around quite a bit with the numbers cluttered way to close together...

So onto the hunt again a very heavily hit park... ground still frozen below 3-4 inches...and the results just over $2 in clad...better than last trip...one of those clips...used for keys and other things... and I read about it... got my first annoying pencil head eraser...

Getting there... also the equinox has a tendency to pick up on extremely small metal.. Dug up a few tiny pieces of metal...

As I continue to hunt and progress will continue with notes... and again been detecting a long time but been on a ten year break... after burning myself out...but I am always looking for more information... thanks!

One note would be great if Equinox users post the tid # for their gold/silver finds when found...some do some do not...

Again this journey and my posts may not be to exciting..BUT they will be real.. no inflated numbers or pictures of coins from my change jar...and for those worried about my wife's tablecloth no more...box used...
Any potential buyers, newer users... anyone that can help please do...

Attachments

• nox on 2 20 22.jpg
    nox on 2 20 22.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 101
  • equipment pic 2 20 22.jpg
    equipment pic 2 20 22.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 41
Upvote 3

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First been getting some great help on a few sites... Having not detected in over 10 years (since my 10000 coin year seriously burned me out...) I will be asking the questions to get this detector (the Equinox 800) correct.
I post on 2/3 sites as that is the way I get the help I need...and the newest beast is...back when I acheived my goal this site was a great motivator and the members were/are great thanks...

the Equinox...

From hunt #1 what I did wrong... I had a lot of chatter turned down sensitivity...to 15...
Hunt #2 found out the emi.. was caused by>>>>my phone! So for hunt #2 did not bring a phone ...lol...maybe I suggest just turn it off..so you know when to leave...

Also with my phone I had issues with my handheld pin pointer interfering with the detector...without the phone none...

Next I was told by a couple to dig only repeatable signals... I mixed that up with repeatable tid..after talking with a few seasoned vets on the Equinox... The tones are important..the target id numbers on the Equinox not so important...they jump around quite a bit with the numbers cluttered way to close together...

So onto the hunt again a very heavily hit park... ground still frozen below 3-4 inches...and the results just over $2 in clad...better than last trip...one of those clips...used for keys and other things... and I read about it... got my first annoying pencil head eraser...

Getting there... also the equinox has a tendency to pick up on extremely small metal.. Dug up a few tiny pieces of metal...

As I continue to hunt and progress will continue with notes... and again been detecting a long time but been on a ten year break... after burning myself out...but I am always looking for more information... thanks!

One note would be great if Equinox users post the tid # for their gold/silver finds when found...some do some do not...

Again this journey and my posts may not be to exciting..BUT they will be real.. no inflated numbers or pictures of coins from my change jar...and for those worried about my wife's tablecloth no more...box used...
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

tomytye

Jan 16, 2022
Ct (not a lefty)
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

the Equinox...

92 or pound sterling hit a solid 31 at 10”-12”

Attachments

• 097F301C-84BE-49E5-AA36-8BCE21A81B87.jpeg
    097F301C-84BE-49E5-AA36-8BCE21A81B87.jpeg
    918.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 6A02E411-EBC4-46B9-917C-5CE1F6230879.jpeg
    6A02E411-EBC4-46B9-917C-5CE1F6230879.jpeg
    863.6 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Tomytye amazing depth... thanks for posting the reading...and you other equinox ladies/gentlemen... when posting your new finds would be nice to see that target id...for all of us new or newer nox users especially if locking on to one number as I am not seeing that except for the nickel at this point...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread