Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Pro. IM 45 coil.
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many LRL devices are using a DDS waveform frequency generators. Some devices are handheld and charge the antenna others are using a ground probe to transmit those frequency waves into earth.
This method of trasmitting signal into the ground has any scientific basis? It's hard to believe that a 5v or 9v dds small device can penetrate ground for houndred of meters distance...

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many LRL devices are using a DDS waveform frequency
generators. Some devices are handheld and charge the antenna others are using a ground
probe to transmit those frequency waves into earth.
This method of transmitting signal into the ground has any scientific basis? It's hard to believe
that a 5v or 9v dds small device can penetrate ground for hundred of meters distance...

Christian, although I am unfamiliar with LRL devices, I am
curious..do you know what frequencies they are generating?

Is it a low frequency something in the range of 10hz-1000hz ?

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many LRL devices are using a DDS waveform frequency generators. Some devices are handheld and charge the antenna others are using a ground probe to transmit those frequency waves into earth.
This method of trasmitting signal into the ground has any scientific basis? It's hard to believe that a 5v or 9v dds small device can penetrate ground for houndred of meters distance...

It's possible to transmit really low frequencies through the ground, ULF radios are used in mines. But otherwise the whole concept of LRLs is completely bogus. You'll notice that major manufacturers of treasure hunting equipment like Minelab do not make LRLs. You'll also notice that LRLs have not revolutionized treasure hunting, all the good discoveries are being made with traditional equipment while LRLs have a long track record of failure. The only people getting rich with LRLs are the people who sell them.

If you want to learn something check out Konstantine Meyl Scalar Waves.

I agree, if you are looking for make-believe physics that can explain the operation of a make-believe device, Meyl is your guy. [Insert tagline here]

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Christian: How much amplification does that Sig gen. provide?

Whatever it is, it isn't enough for you to be pumping it into
the ground. By the way, of what benefit is it to even be
pumping RF into the ground? Don't see the point unless you
have another unit, a receiver, that is downrange.

Are you looking for changes in the magnetic, or electrical field?

Just read Meyl's paper that was posted..I'm not a physicist,
but I have serious doubts about his "vortex" technology.

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All LRL that use sort of a frequency generator are based on so called "molecular frequency resonance".
The frequency emitted by the generator and sent into ground through a probe should reach the target amplifying his molecular resonance.
From this point there are several methods of how to detect the target:
1. Simple L rods.
2. Powered L rods (9v).
3. L rods with sample chamber.
(some use also quartz cristals as they consider it amplify rod signal).

Another different approach is to send the frequency into the rod antenna.
Antenna will be attracted by same frequency resonance indicating direction.
These are the handheld locators with frequency generator.

Hard to believe would work but I can give a try as I own a frequency generator. I need to make a simple rod. Lets see...

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20200929_221638.jpg
I've made this one from cooper pipes, ball bearing and radio antenna. Seems to work in an interesring way when is connected to freq generator. I have drilled a hole on handle tap, inserted a screw to connect the freq generator with crocodile clip.
Anyhow I need to make a brass device milled with better fixation on ball bearing. My prototype is not fixed very well...
Some result seems to be, therefore I will invest in making a brass rod.

Last edited:

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are connecting the positive output of the freq generator to your antenna, what are you connecting the negative,or ground, out of the generator to? When you are holding your antenna in your hand so it can’t rotate are you wearing insulated gloves so it is not conducting thru you? What kind of waveform, square,sine,triangle? And what amplitude in volts, millivolts? Have you ever watched your waveform on a scope when in operation?

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have nou used any insulation or gloves. Yes it passes also trough my hand. The dds is a 6v (4 AA battery).
When trasmitting 5200 or 5250Hz into the rod can be felt sort of weak vibration...maybe is just me...
I've connected the + wire to the rod.
Regarding measurement I need an osciloscope to see if really signal travels to antenna as well.
Wave form generated were random, my device is a LRL signal generator. It is based on a small DDS. It outputs random square, sine and triangle.
I can only control the frequency.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a pair of Meyle's antennae and hooked up a cheap frequency generator to them. I was able to light the LED from over 80 feet away.

This article might be easier to understand. Tesla's Big Mistake?

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New improved version 8-) 20201026_133639.jpg

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't confuse the ability to transmit and receive a signal with the ability for it to accurately identify any buried treasure.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread