DEAD ENDS!

N

noxoc

Just trying to organize things a bit!? Since we have been out searching, I thought we could post the places we have searched and know are "DEAD ENDS".? Of course, I would hope that people are honest and list places that they REALLY KNOW are dead ends.? Please, DO NOT post places that could be valid leads just to throw people off.? (As Pancho suggests, make sure you verify information-- In other words, if you believe that a place listed here is a valid lead, then don't let the posting here deter you from searching there.)

OP
OP
N

noxoc

ARIZONA

I have been exploring Arizona since I was little. This board has identified places that I had never been before--such as the Ironwoord National Forest. But, then again, it was just a few years ago when it became a national forest. In reading about it, I found that it had some very interesting "treasures" unrelated to the hunt for the jewels. With the wonderful weather last weekend we decided to take a drive and see a new place. What a beautiful desert environment! Even though it looked relatively close to "civilization" on the map I would definitely define it as remote in terms of this hunt--thus using the
none are hidden in remote areas" would make this a dead end.

Also, I believe someone mentioned Organpipe National Monument. This is definitely in a remote area and I consider it a dead end based on its remoteness.

We also hit Wickenburg, AZ this past weekend, and went to Coffinger Park (Look at p. 41--"Cough" "Finger"). We searched every tree possible and looked for anything that could be used to hide things in (i.e. fence post caps). I would definitely consider Coffinger Park to be a dead end.

So, there ye have it, places three, in Arizona, that no tokens be!

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Maybe we should put all JET'S locations here . Litdoc had mentioned it before as a way of narrowing down the field . i can tell you now it is not in humansville mo.

L

LitDoc

Jet may have accidentially included a valid location, but certainly his methods are all dead ends! He didn't even identify all of the 24 hidden creatures (e.g., second ant).

zuse

Mar 18, 2005
Virginia
Hi everyone - I tried three locations today - all, as far as I can see, are dead ends:

The University of Virginia in Charlottesville. I had information that there was a moon tree outside of Olsson Hall. Olsson Hall is a computer science building and houses the university's COMPUTER MUSEUM. The connections seemed too good to be true. I never did find that danged moon tree!

Jewell Hollow Mountain Homestead. Another poster on this site generously gave me some information about this location. It is a B&B of sorts in Luray near the Skyline Drive. I determined that it is private property and in a VERY remote location.

Jewell Hollow Overlook. This place looked perfect! I found the clues on page 45. By the way, if you put the states in alphabetical order, Virginia is # 45. The stone "blocks" represent the stone walls, or fences found everywhere in the Shenandoah National Forest. The Skyline Drive is in the forest - both begin with "S" like in the drop cap.

I checked every knothole and walked the entire stone wall. Nothing! Maybe someone beat me to it - who knows?

BTW, it costs $10 to drive the Skyline Drive - does that mean it is still accessible?

Zuse

T

Trapape

Zuse

I think that even if you have to pay to get into an area it is still considered public. The fees usually help to cover the maintaince of whatever facility that you are entering. Sorry about your hunt. Better luck next time.

T

Trapape

After hunting again this weekend ( i am not completely convinced that it is a dead end) I to am wondering if the token is just missing or if it is the wrong location. I would hate to find out that it was the right location but a squirrel beat me to it the first time and if MS does replace a token when I think that it isn't there, and the next person gets it how fustrating that would be! That is how I left my hunt this weekend. Oh well.

A

ashyktp719

i looked at "the Jewel Box" , a greenhouse, in Forest Park, St. Louis, Missouri. We had no strong clues but i live nearby and the name of the place seemed perfect. no luck, probably a dead end.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread