CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DeeDee's Class Ring Found and Returned

I was doing some work for a lady today and my Dewalt battery died. While waiting for it to charge, I was talking to her about detecting her 1880 house yard. She was telling me about a bottle dump and so on, then she said, "my daughter lost my class ring near that tree over there". I asked her how long ago, 15 yrs or so. I told her I'd try to find it and she said, "I'm sure it's gone, you won't find it."
While still waiting for the battery I detected a bit. Dug any strong signal that sounded ring like. Nothing but junk. The battery was finished so I went back to work. When I was done, I went over to the tree to get my MXT and leave, but I had to turn it on and scan the way back to my truck. I only went six feet or so and got a nice strong VDI 16, right on the surface. I opened the plug and there she was. DeeDee's ring. Her daughter was only about 8 yrs old when she lost it.
The ring says : St. Mary's Bay View High School, 1973. 10K. The picture is crappy because I only had my old camera with me and no Macro setting.
I washed the ring off and knocked on her door. When she answered, I said, "I have one more question".
"Oh, what's that?", she replied
"Is this ring yours?". She was thrilled.

Sorry about the size, I'm using a new photo program and haven't figured it out quite yet.

Attachments

• 101_0334_1.JPG
    101_0334_1.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 494
  • DeeDees_Ring.JPG
    DeeDees_Ring.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 473

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: DeeDee's Class Ring Found and Returned

very awsome story an dig :icon_thumleft:

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kudos to you! great story and I'm glad you turned that machine on on the way back to the car... That's when i usually find my best stuff... on the way to the car. :thumbsup:

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250

Congrats on finding the ring and being able to return it. Love to hear those stories. :thumbsup:

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very cool story :thumbsup:

F

Felinepeachy

JC_clap.gif
JC_clapgirl.gif
Very well done!!

OP
OP
TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks all. It's the first Class Ring I've ever found. But, I knew what I was looking for. It's the only gold I've found this year too. But, my reward is being able to detect her yard anytime I want. Her husband lost a wedding band while disposing of some leaves a couple years ago, she said if I find it, I can keep that one. LOL. With the age of the property, I would just like to find some 1800 silver.

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac

too awesome! great story and great find! good work bud! good luck hunting that property the karma should be flowing for ya!

neil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions