Deep coin sounds

guardez

Apr 19, 2014
SEMO
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 Pro Pack ,Tesoro DeLeon, Outlaw, Compadre,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have recently purchased a brand new Vanquish 540. Have not used it yet. My Question is, do deep targets give a softer sound or do all targets, shallow and deep give the same volume level?
My only experience has been with the Tesoro Outlaw and DeLeon.
Thanks in advance.

Steve Guardez

diamonddave

Jan 4, 2021
WESTERN PA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB VANQUISH 540 PP
MINELAB X-TERRA PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have recently purchased a brand new Vanquish 540. Have not used it yet. My Question is, do deep targets give a softer sound or do all targets, shallow and deep give the same volume level?
My only experience has been with the Tesoro Outlaw and DeLeon.
Thanks in advance.

Steve Guardez
In my experience, the 540 tone volume does not change much with varying depths. I have dug coins at 12-13 inches deep that sounded as though they could have been on the surface. If anything, depth seems to more effect the roundness of a coin tone and maybe how long the tone is heard in the swing. If you get a blip of a high-tone, stop and work the signal to see if you can coax it out a little. If the tone and VDI are consistent - dig it. The Vanquish goes really deep so I suppose a coin signal could fade at some point but I'm guessing from my experience, that point is somewhere south of 15 inches and even deeper with iron. Good luck!
DD

OP
OP
guardez

guardez

Apr 19, 2014
SEMO
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 Pro Pack ,Tesoro DeLeon, Outlaw, Compadre,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my experience, the 540 tone volume does not change much with varying depths. I have dug coins at 12-13 inches deep that sounded as though they could have been on the surface. If anything, depth seems to more effect the roundness of a coin tone and maybe how long the tone is heard in the swing. If you get a blip of a high-tone, stop and work the signal to see if you can coax it out a little. If the tone and VDI are consistent - dig it. The Vanquish goes really deep so I suppose a coin signal could fade at some point but I'm guessing from my experience, that point is somewhere south of 15 inches and even deeper with iron. Good luck!
DD
Appreciate the info brother. Will come in handy,

HH Guardez

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread