Deep search companies/contractors?

sheltonoil

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newly registered member, and this seemed like best spot to ask for help since I couldn’t find anything through Google. We have reason to believe that a significant amount of silver was buried on a now deceased family members property. It is a relatively small area where it is believed to be buried (perhaps 200 ft.²), and we’ve been told that it was buried at least 3 feet deep. Given that a typical personal detector won’t locate anything that deep, can anyone advise me of the type of professional (in the Atlanta area) - or even a specific person or company - that I could pay to help me locate something that deep? We are a little concerned about the risk in an outsider learning where it is, but I’m not sure how to avoid that. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that 200 square feet, or 200 foot squared? There is a substantial difference! Still, if the ground isn't landscaped or valuable in it's present state, I do the backhoe or bull dozer thing to remove all doubt as to whether there is treasure there or not....long as I wasn't paying for it. Those deep buried treasure fables always make me skeptical.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those deep buried treasure fables always make me skeptical.

I am in this type of "bussiness" for over 20 yeares, and have stories and fables for two big fat books, maybe more. About 5% of them payed me to prusue them. Three of them so fare, uncovered the expected target.

OP
OP
S

sheltonoil

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok - I think that’s what I needed to hear. That’ll be a tough call, because I’m not at all confident that it is there. But that’s a judgment call for me. Thanks to all of the responses.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can take this as rather valuble exercise. Do the research, try to find out where the "treasutre" originates from (and if it ever existed), how was obtained, how many people had the knowledge of it etc. Use common sence and ask yourselfe what would you do if you ware in those shoes. Bare in mind the time distance impact the preception even with whitneses not motivated to avoid the truth. Make a list with pros and cons and if the pros outwaight the cons, get someone with proper equipment and experience.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truthfully, this is one of the easiest hunts you could ever do yourself.

You stated you know approximately where it may be and second, it's buried. Once the ground is dug and something reburied, as any outhouse bottle digger will tell you, the ground remains notably softer there then in the surrounding area for over 100 years. All you need is a T handle probe, they even sell them premade for hunting holes. Grid off the area and probe it. If you make your own T handle probe, you can even do it for almost free.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in this type of "bussiness" for over 20 yeares, and have stories and fables for two big fat books, maybe more. About 5% of them payed me to prusue them. Three of them so fare, uncovered the expected target.

How many found "targets" were 3 feet deep or deeper?

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Look up "resistivity scans" on Google. Very simple, and it works. For a 3'depth, you want the probes about 6' apart. If the ground is damp, you could probably do it with a 12v battery, and a cheap multimeter.
Jim

99thpercentile

Nov 2, 2006
Evergreen, CO
Detector(s) used
Geonics EM61-MK2, Geophex GEM-3, GapEOD UltraTEM III, Minelabs F3, Foerster MINEX 2FD 4.500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a professional geophysicist who has done treasure hunting consulting in the USA and overseas. I have significant experience in mapping large areas to detect potential treasures, land mines, UXO, and IEDs. I have no interest in your treasure as long as I get paid my fee on the front end. My fees are based on my daily rates, travel costs, and equipment costs. Look at my LinkedIn profile for some data examples. Let me no if you would like to discuss this further. I own GPR, metal detectors, magnetometers, electrical conductivity profilers, and high accuracy GNSS receivers for positioning the data.

Newly registered member, and this seemed like best spot to ask for help since I couldn’t find anything through Google. We have reason to believe that a significant amount of silver was buried on a now deceased family members property. It is a relatively small area where it is believed to be buried (perhaps 200 ft.²), and we’ve been told that it was buried at least 3 feet deep. Given that a typical personal detector won’t locate anything that deep, can anyone advise me of the type of professional (in the Atlanta area) - or even a specific person or company - that I could pay to help me locate something that deep? We are a little concerned about the risk in an outsider learning where it is, but I’m not sure how to avoid that. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread