Dents Run Gold

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has been over $200 Million Dollars wasted on Oak Island hunting for a treasure. The worst they do not even know what treasure they are hunting for yet millions of dollars have been wasted without doing the research first. Other people are trying to milk the film industry for show time of searching for non-existent treasures. Such as at New Ross, Nova Scotia and Dent's Run. The New Ross treasure was recovered in 1770 and the Dent's Run treasure never existed except in the mind of a writer in the 1970's. If you believe different show me the proof? There is no proof because it did not happen.

I however have hundreds of tons of gold to recover and no investors and no television. Can't figure.

The Oak Island Treasure is not in the ground, it has never been about the treasure in the ground, the treasure is in the money earned in TV advertising, don't have to be rocket scientist to know that.

This thread is about Dents Run, not Oak Island too.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Treasure is not in the ground, it has never been about the treasure in the ground, the treasure is in the money earned in TV advertising, don't have to be rocket scientist to know that.

This is a great point. I think the Dent's Run legend is morphing into this too. In fact, they have even stated they hope to or are working on a show about it. Don't know if it'll be a primetime show or just a youtube show, but one is in the works according to their youtube channel.

At this point, there is almost an incentive to not have a final resolution to this case, as if the final resolution confirms that no treasure was found, a show is that much harder to sell. But if there is doubt and mystery surrounding it all, you can sell that for centuries to come!

Last edited:

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I post no claim just the fact on how this went down . I claim nothing just post the video and end this. The truth nothing more nothing less...is that to much to ask ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been three years and yet the FBI still hides the TRUTH IF THEY HAD AN EMPTY HOLE JUST SHOW THE VIDEO and stop all this nonsense. Is that to much to ask ?

Yep, My Mind still Asks Why wasn't Anyone other then Agents allowed on site ?
Did they think if there was an Observer there , as Soon as they would see gold, They would Dive in the hole
Grab the Gold and run away with it ? or do a Scrooge McDuck ? & swim in it ?
They took him up & said Look in the Hole ! No Gold ! Leave !
How in the H___ does that prove the Gold wasn't under a Layer of dirt or to the Side of the hole covered over ?

add the Reports of them sending everyone home And working After hours. Reminds me of something that happened more Recently.

Add the reports of Armored Trucks from Neighbors !

something may have been found

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you keep posting this claim, it is untrue and how legends grow ripe with mis-information. The treasure hunter group and their attorney even publicly stated that the FBI agreed to turn over the file upon receiving the Right to Know request for the file. As i recall, the treasure hunters group even posted up the letter they received from the FBI on this matter confirming as such.

The records department did ask that the file be streamlined and parsed down (as it contained 1000's of pages, videos and photos) and that if so, they could have it within 2 years (which means we'd now have at least some of it over a year ago if that had been done and personally, i would have bulls eyed my request for all videos from the scene, but thats just me) That request by the records department to streamline the request was declined by the treasure hunters at that time and they apparently stuck with their original request for the entire file, i say apparently because i am not privy to whether they withdrew their request or if it is still pending. (obtaining the entire file may be quite costly).

Check into How Much that "Right to Know" and Read all the Documents with redactions of course.

your Cost. Gotta 25 Pound Gold bar to trade ? it May satisfy them, But figure on a 3 year or More Wait !
again Should be ready after the Kennedy File

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has been over $200 Million Dollars wasted on Oak Island hunting for a treasure. The worst they do not even know what treasure they are hunting for yet millions of dollars have been wasted without doing the research first. Other people are trying to milk the film industry for show time of searching for non-existent treasures. Such as at New Ross, Nova Scotia and Dent's Run. The New Ross treasure was recovered in 1770 and the Dent's Run treasure never existed except in the mind of a writer in the 1970's. If you believe different show me the proof? There is no proof because it did not happen.

I however have hundreds of tons of gold to recover and no investors and no television. Can't figure.

Oak Island didn't make Sense.
they Re Dug Holes that were already dug & Dug Deeper.

They dug below Water Levels, Even to Dangerous levels for Divers & Even dug Deeper.

They never explained what Magical Creatures Dug these Mythical Tunnels under water at unimaginable Depth..

Oak Island has Treasures, But they never searched for the Real ones.

Was all about the Mighty Buck

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I post no claim just the fact on how this went down . I claim nothing just post the video and end this. The truth nothing more nothing less...is that to much to ask ?

:coffee2:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, My Mind still Asks Why wasn't Anyone other then Agents allowed on site ?
Did they think if there was an Observer there , as Soon as they would see gold, They would Dive in the hole
Grab the Gold and run away with it ? or do a Scrooge McDuck ? & swim in it ?

This is a good question and one i have too and it sure could have ended all speculation about the matter had they just allowed a civilian observer.

When i look at the facts of the case we know now, my informed belief is because the FBI truly believed they were going to find Gold and wanted to take credit for the find. Their warrant shows that they believed gold was in the ground and it confirms that they wanted to lay claim to it and the glory and credit that entails.

Now, some take their sincere belief that gold may be buried there as proof positive gold was found, but never should the two be conflated. As every treasure hunter on this forum knows, gold fever is real and even the FBI is not immune from it. Ground scans, even the best equipment they had available to them, turns up false positives much more often then it does pots of gold, the only way to know for sure, is to dig.

I also interpret them leading the fk group up to the hole in an additional way. FK testified he felt they were trying to shame and embarrass him and blame him when they led him up to the empty hole which undoubtedly his feelings are real, but i read in between the lines that they, the FBI were also embarrassed, disappointed and angry that they somehow got caught up in gold fever.

I think in the end, ego's got in the way. The most concrete evidence we have to date, and until such time as more evidence is uncovered either confirming or rebutting it, is the private communications seized between KT Newton, lead counsel for the FBI, US attorneys Office Ea. PA and Lead Counsel for the PA DCNR Audrey Miner, where two days after the dig they discuss that no gold was recovered and that they were all disappointed.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Wholeheartedly agree ! If they at least allowed FK as the Observer, Dug down Re checked the Hole
and the Signals disappeared, I'd think he should Concede . As is , I'm still on the Fence

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Wholeheartedly agree ! If they at least allowed FK as the Observer, Dug down Re checked the Hole
and the Signals disappeared, I'd think he should Concede . As is , I'm still on the Fence

FK, meaning DP and his son revealed to the World in a news video when they walked back to the FBI's tent with their heads between the legs in shame. Go back and look at the video. It is the same look his son had when they found no gold at New Ross. All they are seeking is some TV show out of the works. They certainly are not going to get anything when no gold was found.

Here is some of the video showing some of the walk into the FBI Tent. There was a lot more with the expressions on their faces. Look at 39 seconds into the video closely.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FK, meaning DP and his son revealed to the World in a news video when they walked back to the FBI's tent with their heads between the legs in shame.

I don't know if i'd describe it as shame. More like frustration and disappointment and bewilderment. One thing i have no doubt about, I believe the FK group truly believed there was gold in the ground as did the FBI. The problem i see is conflating ones sincere belief as proof that gold was actually dug up. They are not one in the same.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if i'd describe it as shame. More like frustration and disappointment and bewilderment. One thing i have no doubt about, I believe the FK group truly believed there was gold in the ground as did the FBI. The problem i see is conflating ones sincere belief as proof that gold was actually dug up. They are not one in the same.

correct :coffee2:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting to see how we are watching in real time a legend morph and misinformation being repeated so often, it starts becoming printed as fact.

One notable fact i've watched evolve is that regarding "Armored Trucks". Here is the original witness quote regarding "armored trucks". "Heather Selle, who lives in nearby Weedville, said she was getting her kids ready for school on the morning of the second day when she spied a convoy of FBI vehicles driving past, including two large armored trucks."

Note, she doesn't discern whether they were troop, weapons, assault, comms or money armored trucks. Also note, it doesn't say they were at the scene, only driving past (her house presumably). Third, she doesn't say that she observed anything being loaded onto these trucks.

But, the Legend has now evolved to it was FIVE armored trucks, At the SCENE, being LOADED. Several Tnet members and even some of the most recent papers printed that as fact (five armored trucks at the scene loading), but none of these claims are factually supported by the original eye witness testimony.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No rag tag malaria driven outcast troops would have been carrying a cargo of gold for the United States Army. The gold shipment never happened. Therefore there was no treasure to be found in PA.

Add to that the legend didn't emerge until around 1970 in a treasure magazine, nor do the names appear in any registry of that time, nor is their any miltary record of it, nor treasure record, nor bank record, nor is there any mention in the papers of the time about Pinkerton allegedly finding a wagon and bodies near the site.

But there could still have been gold there, it just was never civil war payroll gold, perhaps an outlaw or mobster buried it.

Last edited:

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How about this..

You have to ask yourself why are so many treasure hunters so adamant that nothing was found in dents run , one so called treasure hunter said he would be kicked off treasurenet if he said what he really feels ...? OK you don't believe there's treasure so what , no skin off your teeth it's not your time and money being spent . Ridiculing a a treasure hunter for what. ..treasure hunting ? Just because you don't believe doesn't give you the right . The man did everything the right way and when the fbi got close they booted him.. do you think somebody out there with their treasure hunt is going to post here , why would they just to be stomped on for what he believes . We have

A chance to prove or disprove if they would just show all the videos they have for over three years. I don't thing they will hurt FK`s feelings as I am sure he's come up with empty holes before. That don't make him a bad guy so let's give a fellow treasure hunter a break and let this play out

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A chance to prove or disprove if they would just show all the videos they have for over three years

The videos would do nothing to dissuade you from your belief that gold was found. You are not interested in the truth, you are interested in confirming your already held belief that gold was found.

We already uncovered the classified emails between the lead counsel for the FBI and PA DNR and they confirm that no gold was found, but since this smoking gun didn't confirm your belief, you dismissed it as planted false flag evidence.

However, had those uncovered classified Emails said "we found two tons of gold", you would be screaming from the top of the hills, "SEE, i was right, they found gold and stole it!!!" It's a case of "Heads i win, tails you lose!" If the FBI says something that confirms your belief, they are being honest, if they say something that contradicts your belief, they are liars.

Same goes for the video, when it finally is obtained and it confirms that no gold was found, you'll just say the FBI doctored the video.

I am only looking for the truth, if evidence emerges that supports gold was found, i will not dismiss it. I will continue to carefully weight any and all evidence uncovered. So far, the evidence does not support gold being found.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apparently the FBI had enough proof to convince a Judge, or whoever they had to convince,
to send a team up there & Shoo everyone away while they Dig

Sorry I don't think "Gold Fever" applies to a Government Agency.
and I'm sure there would have been enough nay-sayers there at the agency to convince them to back off ,
if they thought the story only lead to the 70's .
perhaps the FBI has all the Pinkerton agency records in shoe boxes .

just doesn't sit well the FBI did this for 1 Agent's Gold Fever

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread