Dent's Run: The FBI Files

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a problem, i wrote them for permission. They don't specifically list "link" or "quote" and i don't think that's an oversight, however, it's nothing to quibble over, i'll go the proper channels and get permission and clarify their policy.
GoDeep, if you get permission you can post it on your site, you do not speak for TreasureNet nor represent TreasureNet. Do not post Atlantic copyrighted material on TreasureNet.

Any use for a commercial or public purpose requires specific written permission from The Atlantic."

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Being read on their website is not the same as posting it on another website such as TreasureNet.

For it to be posted on TreasureNet means Treasurenet has to have written authorization, we have not requested it and we will not violate copyrights....
In the article they referenced TreasureNet.
So that doesn't matter for others then.

OP
GoDeep

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoDeep, if you get permission you can post it on your site, you do not speak for TreasureNet nor represent TreasureNet. Do not post Atlantic copyrighted material on TreasureNet.

Any use for a commercial or public purpose requires specific written permission from The Atlantic."
To clarify, if i get permission from Atlantic directly to quote and link to their articles here on Treasurenet, you will not allow me to do so? And to be clear, i never said i represent, nor speak for Treasurenet.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Just for clarification and to respect the rules.
Do all links, articles, newspaper clippings all fall under this rule?

OP
GoDeep

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for clarification and to respect the rules.
Do all links, articles, newspaper clippings all fall under this rule?
Yes, all news organizations have similar policies. Though i believe it is being misinterpreted, it's established law you can quote copyrighted publications so long as you source it.(which i identified both the publication and the author). The policy is intended towards those who would reproduce the article itself and post it, thereby drawing views away from the source, it is not intended to cover proper quoting and linking. At any rate, no worries, we can disagree on what the policy is, that's fair, so i've written them directly to clarify and get permission and i will post up their reply.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To clarify, if i get permission from Atlantic directly to quote and link to their articles here on Treasurenet, you will not allow me to do so? And to be clear, i never said i represent, nor speak for Treasurenet.
Treasurenet is who would need the approval by Atlantic and we have not requested it, that is what I mean by you do not represent TreasureNet.

OP
GoDeep

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back to the island of misfit toys! (one of my favorite childhood Christmas movies!).

Just some ground rules i need to address to keep this thread a rollin' along!

To be clear, i am not a mod, and i do not make, nor enforce the rules, so these are only my suggestions for the good of the community:

1. Be respectful to all members, we may not all agree, but in that disagreement, we can find common ground.

2. Out of respect for FindersKeepers, do not directly quote him, paraphrase only. Paraphrase: "To express the meaning of (the writer or speaker or something written or spoken) using different words other than the authors"

3. When paraphrasing, refer to him by his lawsuit's legal party position: "Petitioner" so that we do not invoke him personally and keep our pleadings on a legal footing.

4. Do not quote any treasurenet posts from outside this thread, paraphrase them only.

5. Do not post copyrighted information, rather paraphrase. Links to publicly viewable sites are allowed. (notwithstanding prohibited sites, like competing forums, which are not allowed per Tnet rules)

6. Evidence obtained under a FOIA request or posted by the FBI (pictures, videos, documents) as well as publicly published court filings are considered public record and may be reproduced, posted, linked to and used as the user sees fit.

7. Mods will continue to monitor this thread, like they do all threads, so lets make their job easier by keeping the thread on topic and respectful towards your fellow TreasureNet members.

8. Do not attack the mods, their job is hard enough as it is and they are volunteering their time. If you have questions about a decision they have made, by all means, send them a message, but don't criticize them in public.

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back to the island of misfit toys! (one of my favorite childhood Christmas movies!).

1. Be respectful to all members, we may not all agree, but in that disagreement, we can find common ground.

2. Out of respect for FindersKeepers, do not directly quote him, paraphrase only. Paraphrase: "To express the meaning of (the writer or speaker or something written or spoken) using different words other than the authors" When paraphrasing, refer to him by his legal lawsuit name: "Petitioner"

3. Do not quote any posts from outside this thread, paraphrase them.

4. Do not post copyrighted information, rather paraphrase. Links to publicly viewable sites are allowed. (notwithstanding prohibited sites, like competing forums, which are not allowed per Tnet rules)

5. Mods will continue to monitor this thread, like they do all threads, so lets make their job easier by keeping the thread on topic and civil towards your fellow members.
Nicely done!:icon_thumleft:

OP
GoDeep

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an update, we should see the newest FBI files uploaded by Wednesday, best estimate, as last time it took about 5 days from them to upload from the date they were released.

Also, i expect a filing within the next week, (maybe by Friday), on the DOJ's response to Petitioners (see that word, use it!) Motions from last week to compel depositions and for attorney's fees.

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an update, we should see the newest FBI files uploaded by Wednesday, best estimate, as last time it took about 5 days from them to upload.

Also, i expect a filing within the next week, (maybe by Friday), on the DOJ's response to Petitioners (see that word, use it!) Motions from last week to compel depositions and for attorney's fees.
Where there,s a will,there,s a way! Thanks for staying on top of it!

traveller777

Silver Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

2. Out of respect for FindersKeepers, do not directly quote him, paraphrase only. Paraphrase: "To express the meaning of (the writer or speaker or something written or spoken) using different words other than the authors"

3. When paraphrasing, refer to him by his lawsuit's legal party position: "Petitioner"

4. Do not quote any posts from outside this thread, paraphrase them only.

5. Do not post copyrighted information, rather paraphrase. Links to publicly viewable sites are allowed. (notwithstanding prohibited sites, like competing forums, which are not allowed per Tnet rules)

6. Mods will continue to monitor this thread, like they do all threads, so lets make their job easier by keeping the thread on topic and respectful towards your fellow TreasureNet members.

7. Do not attack the mods, their job is hard enough as it is and they are volunteering their time. If you have questions about a decision they have made, by all means, send them a message, but don't criticize them in public.
Well said and well done.

OP
GoDeep

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an evidentiary observation that Tesorodeoro's comments to me provoked as me and Tesorodeoro were discussing my time in the military and i told him about how i rolled a 6x6 military transport truck:

There's been a lot of speculation about convoys, witnesses reported how the FBI moved in convoy's and reportedly "blocked off the road" when they traveled from the site. It's been used in a context as something that is suspicious or as evidence that gold was being transported, however based on my military and Law Enforcement experience, when moving multiple vehicles together, it is common practice and not unusual to move in a convoy and to even block of intersections to keep other vehicles from entering and separating your convoy.

I have direct experience of what happens when you run solo and aren't in a convoy. This was around 1990, with me in the drivers seat and another unit member riding shotgun, in a 6x6 military transport truck down public roads. Running in rush hour traffic, a driver misjudged how long it takes our military vehicle to stop and how top heavy and unstable it can be in accident avoidance and he pulled out in front of us leaving enough time for any car to react and slow down, but not enough time for a vehicle of this nature. I could not stop in time, swerved to avoid plowing into the back of him, likely killing him and his occupants, lost control, and hit the ditch causing the vehicle to roll. My passenger was knocked unconsciouse and i pulled him out from under the wreck and, i suffured only kindney and liver damage from being thrown around in the cab and squished into the mud when it landed on me upside down. If you look at my side (the drivers side) of the cab, i'm damn lucky to be alive!

It's why you run in convoys; it's why you try not to let other vehicles enter your convoy. In my opinion, there was absolutely nothing suspicious about the FBI running a convoy in what was reported to be as many as 30 vehicles on site.

rollover2.jpeg

rollover1.jpeg

Last edited:

traveller777

Silver Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an evidentiary observation that Tesorodo's comments to me provoked as me and Tesorodo were discussing my time in the military and i told him about how i rolled a 6x6 military transport truck:

There's been a lot of speculation about convoys, witnesses reported how the FBI moved in convoy's and reportedly "blocked off the road" when they left the site. It's been used in a context as something that is suspicious or as evidence that gold was being transported, however based on my military and Law Enforcement experience, when moving multiple vehicles together, it is common practice and not unusual to move in a convoy and to even block of intersections to keep other vehicles from entering and separating your convoy.

I have direct experience of what happens when you run solo and aren't in a convoy. This was around 1990, with me in the drivers seat and another unit member riding shotgun, in a 6x6 military transport truck down public roads. Running in rush hour traffic, a driver misjudged how long it takes our military vehicle to stop and how top heavy and unstable it can be in accident avoidance and he pulled out in front of us leaving enough time for any car to react and slow down, but not enough time for a vehicle of this nature. I could not stop in time, swerved to avoid plowing into the back of him, likely killing him and his occupants, lost control, and hit the ditch causing the vehicle to roll. My passenger was knocked unconsciouse and i pulled him out from under the wreck and, i suffured only kindney and liver damage from being thrown around in the cab and squished into the mud when it landed on me upside down. If you look at my side (the drivers side) of the cab, i'm damn lucky to be alive!

It's why you run in convoys; it's why you try not to let other vehicles enter your convoy. In my opinion, there was absolutely nothing suspicious about the FBI running a convoy in what was reported to be as many as 30 vehicles on site.

View attachment 2033048
View attachment 2033049
You both are fortunate to be alive.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

To be clear, i am not a mod, and i do not make, nor enforce the rules, so these are only my suggestions for the good of the community:

3. When paraphrasing, refer to him by his lawsuit's legal party position: "Petitioner" so that we do not invoke him personally and keep our pleadings on a legal footing.

4. Do not quote any treasurenet posts from outside this thread, paraphrase them only.

6. Evidence obtained under a FOIA request or posted by the FBI (pictures, videos, documents) as well as publicly published court filings are considered public record and may be reproduced, posted, linked to and used as the user sees fit.

7. Mods will continue to monitor this thread, like they do all threads, so lets make their job easier by keeping the thread on topic and respectful towards your fellow TreasureNet members.

8. Do not attack the mods, their job is hard enough as it is and they are volunteering their time. If you have questions about a decision they have made, by all means, send them a message, but don't criticize them in public.
Well written GoDeep
It's good to see it opened up once again.

OP
GoDeep

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• findersmotionforextensionoftime6232022.pdf
    127.2 KB · Views: 8