Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
I picked up just the stand and Blue Wheel of a Desert Fox Gold panning wheel at a yard sale last fall and this has
been my winter project. On my 1st run it did not catch all so I added some weather stripping to hold the material in longer and not as easy for it to escape.
Ran a small amount of Drywasher cons in it today after some mods and I think I got if set as it caught all the Gold
not one speck in the safety pan.
I was skeptical of the thing as first but now I'm impressed.
I'm not going to give up panning as I love doing it but I think we all like equipment.
Cheers Mike

Here's what it caught.
penny.jpg
Here's the wheel with the weather stripping.
white.jpg

Upvote 0

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I use my gold wheel for my panning cons from drywashins and cleaning my Hg from the amalgamator, very necessary tool for me as I have bulk of material after a few weeks of running placer or hardrock.

Gt...

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have to lay it back a little, lower the spray water until you have black sand up to just below the center hole,
and the gold should drop into the cup... I put a couple table spoons of black sand in to set it up before I start...
for small fine gold have to let some of the black sand go in the cup, reduces a bucket to a small amount, then pan...
https://youtu.be/L3qgUL86cK4?t=316

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions