Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine called up and wanted to get out detecting in the desert somewhere so I gathered up my stuff and off we went with no particular destination in mind. I remembered a spot from when I was arrowhead hunting many years ago that had rusty stuff showing here and there, so that's where we headed.

Things looked a lot different than I remembered and wasn't sure we were in the right spot, but within 5 minutes I spotted this little obsidian point. Yep, this is the place!
16sep21 hunt12.jpeg

A little calf started following my friend around almost immediately, and continued to follow him for quite some time. Kinda funny!
16sep21 hunt11.jpeg

We ended up with a nice pile of rusty stuff, but not a single coin. Oh well, it was a nice change of scenery.
16sep21 hunt1.jpeg

The mother of pearl button is a new one on me, never have seen that style before. And the hemispherical ceramic piece is a mystery also. It isn't broken and has metal in it.
16sep21 hunt5.jpeg
16sep21 hunt6.jpeg

This piece is a mystery also.
16sep21 hunt9.jpeg
16sep21 hunt8.jpeg

The cartridges are a 30 W.C.F. and two of 44 W.C.F.
16sep21 hunt7.jpeg

I spotted this ceramic piece with a hallmark to hopefully get a timeframe of this spot.
16sep21 hunt10.jpeg

It looks like somebody camped here in the 50's or 60's? These were all in a bunch.
0916211227_resized.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 20

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! I love the old cans!! I wonder why the calf was all alone? Thanks for sharing!!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A friend of mine called up and wanted to get out detecting in the desert somewhere so I gathered up my stuff and off we went with no particular destination in mind. I remembered a spot from when I was arrowhead hunting many years ago that had rusty stuff showing here and there, so that's where we headed.

Things looked a lot different than I remembered and wasn't sure we were in the right spot, but within 5 minutes I spotted this little obsidian point. Yep, this is the place!
View attachment 1947552

A little calf started following my friend around almost immediately, and continued to follow him for quite some time. Kinda funny!
View attachment 1947553

We ended up with a nice pile of rusty stuff, but not a single coin. Oh well, it was a nice change of scenery.
View attachment 1947554

The mother of pearl button is a new one on me, never have seen that style before. And the hemispherical ceramic piece is a mystery also. It isn't broken and has metal in it.
View attachment 1947555
View attachment 1947556

This piece is a mystery also.
View attachment 1947557
View attachment 1947558

The cartridges are a 30 W.C.F. and two of 44 W.C.F.
View attachment 1947559

I spotted this ceramic piece with a hallmark to hopefully get a timeframe of this spot.
View attachment 1947561

It looks like somebody camped here in the 50's or 60's? These were all in a bunch.
View attachment 1947563

Photo 6 of 10 must be horse tack, hardware to rig up several horses.
Here is a photo of a small amount of horse tack in our museum.
Very similar attachment to a wooden pole...can't give a name for the relic,
but its a cool item!
rustythingy.jpg

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I love the old cans!! I wonder why the calf was all alone? Thanks for sharing!!

His mom showed up after a couple hours and yelled at us then led him away. :laughing7:

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were the metal objects surface finds or detector finds? All very nice, looks like fun!

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
...you find a lot of neat stuff. I think the horse tack is harness/single tree/tug parts and misc. stuff. made to pull a wagon or a farm plough.
Plz make a few more pics of that point both sides and glow, it looks like more of some banded, awesome!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I love wandering the desert in NV. Usually, out Fallon way or so. Lots of cans with bullet holes, horse/wagon gear, native points and chips... always fun, like beachcombing and endless beach.

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...you find a lot of neat stuff. I think the horse tack is harness/single tree/tug parts and misc. stuff. made to pull a wagon or a farm plough.
Plz make a few more pics of that point both sides and glow, it looks like more of some banded, awesome!

The point is just a lazy 'flake' point and completely opaque, nothing special.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread