jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
  • The Press Herald (Pine Grove, Pennsylvania)
  • 05 Sep 1913, Fri
  • 000Aaa.jpg
  • 000bbb.jpg

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
although it doesn't appear to be within irvington , Elizabeth River park is Gigantic looking today.

Not my area of having Research on-hand, but anyone Local,
who researches history ,
should already be familiar with the spot.

000aaa.jpg

Last edited:

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was reading a late 19th century account of an old historian who told of places in NYC that still bore physical evidence of the Revolutionary War. He spoke of an old house where a British Cavalry Officer rode in during the 1776 Battle for NY. The hoof marks of this horse were still visible in the wooden floor toward the turn of the 20th century. I reserched this place but it appears, as with most 18th century and older places, it no longer exists. I did manage to discover one location that the 19th century historian described that is still exactly where he said it would be. It is the grave stone of one of Washington's men who fought in the Battle for NY and the Battle of Trenton. It is still standing in the small church courtyard in the Bronx.

It is sad that so many places of historical importance have been needlessly destroyed with so few remaining.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was reading a late 19th century account of an old historian who told of places in NYC that still bore physical evidence of the Revolutionary War. He spoke of an old house where a British Cavalry Officer rode in during the 1776 Battle for NY. The hoof marks of this horse were still visible in the wooden floor toward the turn of the 20th century. I reserched this place but it appears, as with most 18th century and older places, it no longer exists. I did manage to discover one location that the 19th century historian described that is still exactly where he said it would be. It is the grave stone of one of Washington's men who fought in the Battle for NY and the Battle of Trenton. It is still standing in the small church courtyard in the Bronx.

It is sad that so many places of historical importance have been needlessly destroyed with so few remaining.
We destroy so much history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread