---DETECT CORRECTLY OR DONT DETECT--- Have permission - Fill your holes - Dispose of trash properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... (just for you Creskol) :P

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dropped out after the screwdriver controversial debate which I thought was rather stupid, as the thread was supposed to be about how to educate newbies about not tearing up lawns, instead it turned into just how dumb everyone must be who thought a screwdriver was ever an option......heh....thus the thread goes on.....

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe ARC is trying to see how long this thread will continue or possibly the highest number of views for a thread.:thumbsup:
Well thanks for you doing your part in helping the thread stay alive by your posts.
I for one would VERY MUCH love to see it stay alive... it is needed.

As far as "highest number of views"... i already started one that is top 3 and THE #1 "hottest thread"

And,,, i started one before that exactly the same that IF it hadn't met its demise due to technical things concerning all the posted pictures it contained...
It WOULD be the most viewed thread in the history of TreasureNet.

The Random Chat Thread is one its way with almost 3 million views...

SO... in other words... i am good with that alone.

This is not some "social media" thing for me... this is the only site i am a part of.
I do no FakeBook or anything... I started online on the Undernet in the 90's and was a major player in Myspace after that and hung up the whole "getting views" long ago and the social media thing when Fake book was born.

The goood ole days were gone.

Been watching T net sine 1995... been watching the posts since about then as well.
Someone needs to say it.
So if you cant...
I will.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dropped out after the screwdriver controversial debate which I thought was rather stupid, as the thread was supposed to be about how to educate newbies about not tearing up lawns, instead it turned into just how dumb everyone must be who thought a screwdriver was ever an option......heh....thus the thread goes on.....
Yep.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would that be a yep about this thread going on, the dumbness of all who have used a screwdriver to pop a coin from the ground, or the stupidity of claiming to have never heard or seen something that most all veteran detectorists have and then seemingly retract the statement as it unraveled. Just wanting clarification.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is so hard for you to get... detctorists that detect beaches and water NEVER use a screwdriver.
Most... hardly hunt dirt at all.
I for one have hunted it all... from here to England and back.
Yet... no screwdriver... nope... not one.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Furthermore...

NO ONE... and i mean NO ONE... carried ANYTHING... other than a scoop... Ever that i ever saw growing up.
No pinpointers,,, nothing... they were not even around and in use... not here.

So the ole MD adage ... "shove off if you cant dig it" applies.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most famous Treasure Recovery people in the World... not one.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But again i thank you both for turning the screwdriver here.

And i must be honest...
The pure fact you are so adamant about this screwdriver thing perhaps shows me how new you really are to this.... or just bound and determined to somehow try and discredit me or what i have said.... or ? ? ?
Perhaps this has turned what is seeming to be more personal because ... well... I hope you aren't the ones who this thread was designed to be directed to and the reason you have taken this stance... the screwdriver thing being just the vehicle to drive the agenda of whatever it is that seems to be more personal than rational.

Last edited:

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't used a screwdriver since way back, probably wont ever need to again I suppose...but when you claim that it is wreckless,senseless, retarded, and that you have never heard nor seen the method in 40 years (post 142) and then change your story to yes I have heard of it(post 153) and then become the expert advisor of how to make your own personal coin popper(post 193)......listen, I am not an advocate of any one type of coin retrieval....i could care less if you want to use your sandscoop on a civi lwar site or county park, or a screwdriver on the beach......but don't be so abrasive, judgmental and narcissitic that you expect everyone to believe you and nothing else matters except for wha Arc says....not everyone will buy into your games and harsh words of criticism without biting back. You just gotta be more nice to people and stop pretending to be a know it all bully.......thats all:BangHead:

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End of subject as far as I am concerned, has nothing to do with the screwdriver.....just the way you insulted everyone in your own little ways....no offense, no hard feelings, just moving on....

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't used a screwdriver since way back, probably wont ever need to again I suppose...but when you claim that it is wreckless,senseless, retarded, and that you have never heard nor seen the method in 40 years (post 142) and then change your story to yes I have heard of it(post 153) and then become the expert advisor of how to make your own personal coin popper(post 193)......listen, I am not an advocate of any one type of coin retrieval....i could care less if you want to use your sandscoop on a civi lwar site or county park, or a screwdriver on the beach......but don't be so abrasive, judgmental and narcissitic that you expect everyone to believe you and nothing else matters except for wha Arc says....not everyone will buy into your games and harsh words of criticism without biting back. You just gotta be more nice to people and stop pretending to be a know it all bully.......thats all:BangHead:
I have heard of it... HERE... only here.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End of subject as far as I am concerned, has nothing to do with the screwdriver.....just the way you insulted everyone in your own little ways....no offense, no hard feelings, just moving on....
No insult... it is what it is... to each their own.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh i forgot
I have used all sorts of things... but i only use one... no matter what.
A scoop... always have... always will... in every circumstance... be it woods... beach... desert... anything... rocks... shells... and i can cut through pavement in a kick for a target if i want.

For me i knew very early on it is the best and only real method for a reason. (believe me i tried to find better ways / things)
The design was just in need of updates and designs.
Everything else serves a purpose for a specific situation.
Including... and obviously... said screwdriver.

BUT... to recommended or to suggest that a screwdriver is anything more than a specific or novelty idea... is... um.... Fubar.

IMO.

And if i think its stupid... or to use one is... THAT... is my opinion.
And when i last checked... i SHould be able to express such JUST LIKE... you did on your opinions about how i did it.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is so hard for you to get... detctorists that detect beaches and water NEVER use a screwdriver.
Most... hardly hunt dirt at all.
I for one have hunted it all... from here to England and back.
Yet... no screwdriver... nope... not one.
Oh i forgot
I have used all sorts of things... but i only use one... no matter what.
A scoop... always have... always will... in every circumstance... be it woods... beach... desert... anything... rocks... shells... and i can cut through pavement in a kick for a target if i want.

For me i knew very early on it is the best and only real method for a reason. (believe me i tried to find better ways / things)
The design was just in need of updates and designs.
Everything else serves a purpose for a specific situation.
Including... and obviously... said screwdriver.

BUT... to recommended or to suggest that a screwdriver is anything more than a specific or novelty idea... is... um.... Fubar.

IMO.

And if i think its stupid... or to use one is... THAT... is my opinion.
And when i last checked... i SHould be able to express such JUST LIKE... you did on your opinions about how i did it.
....................and I have used one for 17 years when I hunt parks which I have hunted often and seen others in the past who used one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread