---DETECT CORRECTLY OR DONT DETECT--- Have permission - Fill your holes - Dispose of trash properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used all sorts of things... but i only use one... no matter what.
A scoop... always have... always will... in every circumstance... be it woods... beach... desert... anything... rocks... shells... and i can cut through pavement in a kick for a target if i want.
I can see it now.....all the newbies following the suggestion of authority, heading into manicured lawns, city parks,curb strips,civil war camps, root-st1ricken woods...... jumping up and down on their sand scoops and leaving their marks as they go....both to the ground, to the coins, and to our great hobby..........:BangHead:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see it now.....all the newbies following the suggestion of authority, heading into manicured lawns, city parks,curb strips,civil war camps, root-st1ricken woods...... jumping up and down on their sand scoops and leaving their marks as they go....both to the ground, to the coins, and to our great hobby..........:BangHead:
Well i hope no matter what they choose to dig with... they leave as little an impact to the environment as possible.
In all the years i have nicked or scratched or dented very little... it is VERY rare that i have and been years since.
I would say it would be ... guaranteed... no more than anything used.
Besides... its the user of an implement that really dictates / sways / skews the outcome.

And... You need to jump / stomp on a shovel more... not a scoop.

75% at least of the time i capture target with ONE subtle push of my top half of foot... or if hard soil / dirt... a kick of my heel.

WITH NO BENDING. heh

So... Yee-haw you MD crawling cowboys.

Be damned i get on my knees if i can help it... To me... this is..... lame.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$100 Leasch (or whatever made-up weird name and spelling it is) kneeling bending scrounging around on your knees... = more work.
$200 Scoop once mastered... less mess less work less back bending and no kneeling AND the best part....way faster.

No brainer.

Again... there is a reason the scoop is and always has been the tool developed for MD... and always the real and only "king tool".
Its no coincidence it was invented the way it was.

Some companies will really gain in the long run if they were to reach into the further development of the scoop rather than trying to come up with "new selling gimmicks".

Realize... its like trying to re-invent the wheel... lots of things work... but nothing beats the wheel.

Last edited:

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if you have your pinpointer taped to a yardstick so you don't have to bend down at all......that would be funny

Reactions: ARC

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
$100 Leasch (or whatever made-up weird name and spelling it is) kneeling bending scrounging around on your knees... = more work.
$200 Scoop once mastered... less mess less work less back bending and no kneeling AND the best part....way faster.

No brainer.

Again... there is a reason the scoop is and always has been the tool developed for MD... and always the real and only "king tool".
Its no coincidence it was invented the way it was.

Some companies will really gain in the long run if they were to reach into the further development of the scoop rather than trying to come up with "new selling gimmicks".

Realize... its like trying to re-invent the wheel... lots of things work... but nothing beats the wheel.
Obviously you have not dug in the red clay soil of Virginia.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if you have your pinpointer taped to a yardstick so you don't have to bend down at all......that would be funny
Actually... my pinpointer is rarely used unless its so small it falls through enough... if it does i rescan and use tip to re-scoop small clumps i get it... but yes i do use one.
wont detect without one.
One... and its probably a lot longer than the ones you both use to...at 12 inches in length... so the bending thing is not as dramatic per say.
I am not saying i never stoop or kneel... i do all the time... I just try to limit it to a minimum... as much as possible anyway.
I kinda try at all costs to not go down... For i look at it as hanging me up... both in time and efforts.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope... but many a times in South Carolina.
Your scoop would be total ineffective in the soil I hunt in. Red clay, rocks, and tree roots. Either you would break the scoop or your foot, or maybe both.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your scoop would be total ineffective in the soil I hunt in. Red clay, rocks, and tree roots. Either you would break the scoop or your foot, or maybe both.
Man... you know not of what you speak.

My scoop is custom made high end stainless with precision welds and weighs well over 12 pounds.

It will cut through pavement in a kick... thought i mentioned that already or did you think i was exaggerating ? ? ?
I could hunt a parking lot if i wanted... heh

Tree roots.... lol... hah ha

I will take on rock with my scoop any day over a shovel of ANY type.
And clay is childs play... packed dirt... you name it... bring it on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys must think i use one of those weak ass scoops you see everyone using.

Sheesh my old aircraft custom alum will hold up as well... and it shows it... bent to crap and bent back over decades... AND my girl STILL uses it every time over anything else. heh

She does not like the stainless because of weight.

The lip of my stainless is like a knife in butter.

BTW,,, There are better designs for digging shovels... BUT... they are not available yet.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys must think i use one of those weak ass scoops you see everyone using.

Sheesh my old aircraft custom alum will hold up as well... and it shows it... bent to crap and bent back over decades... AND my girl STILL uses it every time over anything else. heh

She does not like the stainless because of weight.
the one time I hunted the beach I used a plastic kitty litter sifter . worked fine in the dry sand I was able to hunt.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My stainless has cut through you wouldnt believe... its decades old and looks as good as the day i had er made.

Earth magnet mounted in center... she catches everything.

Salt environments 90% of her life... still gleams in the sun like new..

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the one time I hunted the beach I used a plastic kitty litter sifter . worked fine in the dry sand I was able to hunt.
There is another one i never tried .. heh

I might be silly for that too i guess :/

:P

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man... i had to put down my Ben and Jerrys buy one get one ice cream down to type.

Arrrg

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Man... you know not of what you speak.

My scoop is custom made high end stainless with precision welds and weighs well over 12 pounds.

It will cut through pavement in a kick... thought i mentioned that already or did you think i was exaggerating ? ? ?
I could hunt a parking lot if i wanted... heh

Tree roots.... lol... hah ha

I will take on rock with my scoop any day over a shovel of ANY type.
And clay is childs play... packed dirt... you name it... bring it on.
Seeing is believing .. make a video of you doing the impossible and perhaps you will convince me. Until such time I will remain skeptical of your claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread