---DETECT CORRECTLY OR DONT DETECT--- Have permission - Fill your holes - Dispose of trash properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THIS IS NOT MY PICTURE... but.... this is a close glimpse into my detector (i still own one) and my youth of what i was exposed to... This is what detectorists in my youth on TI (Treasure Island) was like watching WHAT I CALL "veteran detectorists" the older more experienced guys than me.
THIS would and could be for some of them....
A week detectings haul.

View attachment 2068410
See growing up on and around a beach you see all types... from the raisin pruned women to the kite flying guys... to the detectorists that DID ONLY THAT ... for a living.
Detecting was ALL those guys did... for a job that is.
I knew one older couple who never got rid of anything they found.
You would not believe the collection they had... massive... stacks upon stacks upon stacks.
They were featured in at least one MD magazine in the 80's... and i think they were even on a show.
Remember... These memories extend roughly 45+ years ago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See growing up on and around a beach you see all types... from the raisin pruned women to the kite flying guys... to the detectorists that DID ONLY THAT ... for a living.
Detecting was ALL those guys did... for a job that is.
I knew one older couple who never got rid of anything they found.
You would not believe the collection they had... massive... stacks upon stacks upon stacks.
They were featured in at least one MD magazine in the 80's... and i think they were even on a show.
Remember... These memories extend roughly 45 years ago.
I think i may still have the issue... i got rid of many over the years so... not sure.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Antiques- spring of 90 to present.
Well, i pay close enough attention to know what to keep and what to discard/edit............so I am keeping this post as it is..........unedited
Edit.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
<---- My avatar.... there.

So what if its not a current picture.

:P

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.-. - ... -.-...- - - - - - - --------

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the heck is that supposed to be....we type words,ideas and sentences here. Gibberish dots only mean you must be bored, so maybe it's time to dust off that old detector and get that scoop in to the sand and show us some finds...heh. :laughing7:
Have you forgotten, ARC has always used a screw driver to uncover his finds!!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keeps bumping and bumping this thread up for more attention. He should’ve called it “dig with a shovel not a screwdriver—but only in the ways I sanction, and don’t follow Charles Garrett—OR DONT DETECT. 😂😂😂😂

Kinda sounds like “don’t post your video links here or DONT DIG.” Or “USE THE TNET FORUM AS I SEE FIT OR DONT POST.” Maybe “POST CRAP LIKE THIS POINTLESS THREAD OR DONT POST ON TNET AT ALL.” 😂

Thanks but I’ll dig and post as I choose, and like it or not, you can’t do anything about it.

I’m off to start a screwdriver training school. 😂😂😂🔧 You could use a few classes. We also offer classes on online etiquette which you obviously don’t know since your behavior here is basically equivalent to leaving open holes (being an entitled little troll) and leaving your trash behind everywhere on the site (this thread).

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keeps bumping and bumping this thread up for more attention. He should’ve called it “dig with a shovel not a screwdriver—but only in the ways I sanction, and don’t follow Charles Garrett—OR DONT DETECT. 😂😂😂😂

Kinda sounds like “don’t post your video links here or DONT DIG.” Or “USE THE TNET FORUM AS I SEE FIT OR DONT POST.” Maybe “POST CRAP LIKE THIS POINTLESS THREAD OR DONT POST ON TNET AT ALL.” 😂

Thanks but I’ll dig and post as I choose, and like it or not, you can’t do anything about it.

I’m off to start a screwdriver training school. 😂😂😂🔧 You could use a few classes. We also offer classes on online etiquette which you obviously don’t know since your behavior here is basically equivalent to leaving open holes (being an entitled little troll) and leaving your trash behind everywhere on the site (this thread).
So you respond here instead of the last thread in which you got schooled.

Interesting... what happened ? Couldn't say anything back there ... so here you are ?

Either that or you mistook this thread as part of the last ?

Ahh yes,,, this ALSO works well as a thread bump.... so... yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread