vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
I never heard the term "lode mine claim." I am sure I am not the only one. So...

Lode claims are staked on veins or lodes of quartz or other rock in place bearing gold, silver, cinnabar, lead, tin, copper, or other valuable deposits. Placer claims are staked on all forms of deposit, excepting veins of quartz, or other rock in place...

OP
OP
goldhat

goldhat

Aug 14, 2009
Arizona and the great southwest!
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
I never heard the term "lode mine claim." I am sure I am not the only one. So...

Lode claims are staked on veins or lodes of quartz or other rock in place bearing gold, silver, cinnabar, lead, tin, copper, or other valuable deposits. Placer claims are staked on all forms of deposit, excepting veins of quartz, or other rock in place...

Corrected meant to say lode claim 👍

OP
OP
goldhat

goldhat

Aug 14, 2009
Arizona and the great southwest!
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder about these claims. If I owned a claim and it had any sign of gold I wouldn‘t sell it. I would think they‘ve been pretty well worked.

I really think finding the gold and then claiming the spot and working it may be the better alternative unless you’re ready to spend some bigger dollars.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
About 90+% of the gold discovered on earth will sift through mosquito screen mesh, so most of the time a metal detector is about worthless for gold. The big nuggets you see in the news/TV are the exception. The companies or people that actually make money gold-digging is in the quantity. Having said that if you do find a good size nugget it will sell at least two times spot because of the rarity. DON"T MELT IT DOWN!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread