Detecting Combo

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Hi, we are debating our next machines, if you detect with someone else do you think to get the best results it’s a good idea to get different machines from each other?
We currently “verify“ some targets for each other, mine goes deeper, his is more accurate in terms of discrimination….
With this in mind would a Deus nd an garret at max be a good combo? I know it depends on a lot of factors but In theory do you think they are a good balance? TIA

Upvote 3

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being in the UK I would think getting 2 different machines, but both being simultaneous multifrequency devices would give you some real flexibility.

SweatyPotato47

Jul 19, 2022
Hi, we are debating our next machines, if you detect with someone else do you think to get the best results it’s a good idea to get different machines from each other?
We currently “verify“ some targets for each other, mine goes deeper, his is more accurate in terms of discrimination….
With this in mind would a Deus nd an garret at max be a good combo? I know it depends on a lot of factors but In theory do you think they are a good balance? TIA
My brother and I both use the Garrett Ace Apex. As long as you stay at least 20 feet from each other, you should be good.
I have no experience with detectors outside of Garrett

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question blossom! Thanks for posing it. Interesting to see the various replies so far. I'm often teamed up with my grandson, he with a Simplex and me with a Legend. Seem to work out well together. I believe his really does find deeper targets.

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Good question blossom! Thanks for posing it. Interesting to see the various replies so far. I'm often teamed up with my grandson, he with a Simplex and me with a Legend. Seem to work out well together. I believe his really does find deeper targets.
Thank you! We are new to detecting so started with easy machines, but are now completely obsessed , so we upgraded our coils and said we would wait till Christmas this year before investing in next level machines!! Im not at all competitive… but do not want to give away my current advantage, so its a serious decision 😆 have pssed comments on to him so he can do more research 😆 x

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's your budget? If you can stand the cost, how about a Deus 2 and an Equinox 800 combo?

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
What's your budget? If you can stand the cost, how about a Deus 2 and an Equinox 800 combo?
Between 1 and 1.5k (£)… my heart was set on a Deus 2…. Till i saw the Minelab Cx 3030 🤔 !

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both good machines, but, can you get a CTX with your budget limit? If you're going to hunt vast open fields or beaches, you're going to want a BIG coil for coverage. Currently, the Deus 2 has no such coil, although we're promised that it's "coming". The CTX has a nice big 17" coil and works great for most types of hunting. It's shortcomings are: Weight....it's very heavy and most people will want a harness to help carry it while swinging even the 11" coil let alone the 17": Sensitivity.... It's not as good for tiny objects as the D2 or Nox: Cost.... it's $1000 U.S. higher than the D2 and $1600+ more than the Equinox 800. Personally, I think the best bang for the buck that has many coils options is the Equinox 800. It's reasonably waterproof for most venues. If you plan on shallow diving get the D2. Deep diving, get the Excalibur. If you're just land hunting and shallow water, The D2, Equinox and maybe the NoMak Legend would fit the bill. None of the AT's or Garrett Apex compare to these IMO.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Vanquish is also a budget friendly SMF...do you need waterproof?

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
The Vanquish is also a budget friendly SMF...do you need waterproof?
Yes to it being waterproof … we have water on our permission, nd love rooting about in it.

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Both good machines, but, can you get a CTX with your budget limit? If you're going to hunt vast open fields or beaches, you're going to want a BIG coil for coverage. Currently, the Deus 2 has no such coil, although we're promised that it's "coming". The CTX has a nice big 17" coil and works great for most types of hunting. It's shortcomings are: Weight....it's very heavy and most people will want a harness to help carry it while swinging even the 11" coil let alone the 17": Sensitivity.... It's not as good for tiny objects as the D2 or Nox: Cost.... it's $1000 U.S. higher than the D2 and $1600+ more than the Equinox 800. Personally, I think the best bang for the buck that has many coils options is the Equinox 800. It's reasonably waterproof for most venues. If you plan on shallow diving get the D2. Deep diving, get the Excalibur. If you're just land hunting and shallow water, The D2, Equinox and maybe the NoMak Legend would fit the bill. None of the AT's or Garrett Apex compare to these IMO.
So sorry I didn’t reply? .. when I say i have a budget, that’s only in theory 😄…. ! we don’t dive, our river is only 2/3 feet, really appreciate all the info, thank you! 😊

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread