Detecting in Italy {Florence, Montisi, Tuscany]

max2002

Jun 3, 2022
Hi all,
First of all if this is the wrong forum please redirect me...
I'm heading to Italy July 6 - 20th and I hope to be able to do some detecting. I've been in the hobby for 40+ years and I always ask for landowner permission.
I'm looking to see what the laws are if I find something old "by mistake" or what the rules are if on public land. I did see that sites with relics are a no-go. I'm hoping to hit some public beaches and or farmland.
Also, if anyone in those areas would like to join me for a day, I always welcome company.
Thanks in advance for any help/comments.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
You might consider also posting this request on our Forum: Italy for more exposure.

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,
First of all if this is the wrong forum please redirect me...
I'm heading to Italy July 6 - 20th and I hope to be able to do some detecting. I've been in the hobby for 40+ years and I always ask for landowner permission.
I'm looking to see what the laws are if I find something old "by mistake" or what the rules are if on public land. I did see that sites with relics are a no-go. I'm hoping to hit some public beaches and or farmland.
Also, if anyone in those areas would like to join me for a day, I always welcome company.
Thanks in advance for any help/comments.
Not sure what the date of this article is, but it seems to provide the information you need to know.
(Spoiler alert: It's pretty much the same as in the US. Get permission. Stay out of historic areas.)

https://detectingschool.com/metal-detecting-in-italy/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread