Detector Journey from a Noob's view.

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
My first detector early 90's was a Garrett about the only thing I remember about it was that my Border Collie liked to chew on plastic and that she had ruined the search coil. Since I wasn't getting out all that often, never bothered to replace the coil.

Second metal detector was the Garrett Infinitum LS, a heavy machine at 5.5 pounds. Fast forward the retirement years technology has allowed manufactures to make metal detectors much lighter.

January 2022 I purchased the Noxx 800, my home province is still under several feet of snow which is a good thing as it gives me more time to plan out my searches.

Since I live in a very small town with less than 20 year round residents I don't expect any competition for the ground I intend to search over. Not that I wouldn't mind others to join in, the more the merrier and you never know maybe something worthy of a museum artifact could possibly be uncovered.

My personal interest is coin shooting, so I'll be setting my Noxx up specifically for that purpose. I've taken note that my natural coil swing is about four feet wide, I'm going to lay out a string the full length of the lot with another parallel to the first. Search within the confined area then after the area has been cleared move one string over four feet.

Hopefully I'll find a a few coins and some sterling and coin silver, some of which will be ragged and worn after spending years underground.

The attached file is a digital book on how to refine precious metals ie: silver.

This video below, shows the process.

Attachments

• Refining Precious Metal Wastes C.M. Hoke.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions