Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I assume you no longer have the T2, otherwise you could simply stick with that.

In your price range I'd look at the Equinox 800 or XP Deus (Big Boys Hobbies has it for $950). Lots of videos to give you an idea of their capabilities.

OP
OP
johnash15

johnash15

Jun 9, 2006
Latta SC
Detector(s) used
T2
I assume you no longer have the T2, otherwise you could simply stick with that.

In your price range I'd look at the Equinox 800 or XP Deus (Big Boys Hobbies has it for $950). Lots of videos to give you an idea of their capabilities.
I still have the T2. Just wondering if there is anything significantly better out there.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah yes...the slippery slope of wanting something better. LOL. Been there myself.

I can only say the Deus has been my best buy in a long time. I've found many things on my property with it even after detecting on it for decades with other detectors. I thought the property was cleared out many years ago.

The Deus is unbelievably good at separating iron. My property housed a blacksmith shop 150 years ago so there's lots of iron.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. I’ve been out of the game for 4 or 5 years now. I was using a Technetics T2 and would like to upgrade to something new. Any suggestions on what to look at. I mainly relic hunt. Thanks in advance!!
John a LOT of things go into your wanting a new detector.
1. WHAT do you want to find ? If you want to hunt relics then maybe a coin machine type might not fill your needs.
2. What is your physical ability . Can you handle a heavy machine ? How long at a time do you expect to detect ?
3. Are you mainly a water or beach hunter. ? I think you see where i am, going with this

so the more information you can give the better we can recommend you a machine

OP
OP
johnash15

johnash15

Jun 9, 2006
Latta SC
Detector(s) used
T2
John a LOT of things go into your wanting a new detector.
1. WHAT do you want to find ? If you want to hunt relics then maybe a coin machine type might not fill your needs.
2. What is your physical ability . Can you handle a heavy machine ? How long at a time do you expect to detect ?
3. Are you mainly a water or beach hunter. ? I think you see where i am, going with this

so the more information you can give the better we can recommend you a machine
Relic hunting mainly. I’m 48 years old, so I still have some get up in my step. Lol. Don’t hunt beaches or water very often.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John there is 3 or 4 detectors that come to mind. Nokta simplex Plus XP Deus a bit pricy. and Minelab Equinox 800 The Equinox 800 and the Simplex are pretty used friendly and Do a fine job. the Deus is a very nice machine but some think a bit complicated. If you were close to me i would let you try them all out. Before you buy i would suggest trying them all out with guided supervision

OP
OP
johnash15

johnash15

Jun 9, 2006
Latta SC
Detector(s) used
T2
John there is 3 or 4 detectors that come to mind. Nokta simplex Plus XP Deus a bit pricy. and Minelab Equinox 800 The Equinox 800 and the Simplex are pretty used friendly and Do a fine job. the Deus is a very nice machine but some think a bit complicated. If you were close to me i would let you try them all out. Before you buy i would suggest trying them all out with guided supervision
Would these be significantly better than my old teknetics T2?

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you can Air Test them. You could build a test garden in your yard and leave it there . That way you can check out your machines once in awhile to make sure there still working properly. As far as the teknetics T2? goes I could not answer that question I have never used or tried the teknetics T2? sorry . Maybe someone else could chime in here!

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nokta Legend is comming out, according to Dilek first shipments are to be expected in US next week. It might be well worth waiting for.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the situation. The T2 is still a very good machine and was great in the IRON. It has been surpassed now by both the Nox and Deus in terms of recovery speed & Depth. If your a beach hunter I would lean towards a NOX if your hunting old properties I would go Deus. If your a casual weekend Park and house hunter the T2 will still get the job done. I was hunting with a Vaquero about 10 years ago and tried a T2 and that's what really made me switch to a VDI based machine. There are so many great machines now for under $500 it's hard to pick just one but if your willing to go higher the NOX & Deus are the top dogs. I would watch some videos on the Nox and Deus to get an idea of what they sound like and maybe try each one out. With the new Deus II hitting the market the deals you can get on an original Deus and some other machines are impressive right now.

seagullplayer

Aug 13, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 & ACE 400, ACE Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had to look it up. Sounds like you have a pretty good machine now.
You should have a pretty good idea of what want to see in your next machine and what you could do without.

OP
OP
johnash15

johnash15

Jun 9, 2006
Latta SC
Detector(s) used
T2
I had to look it up. Sounds like you have a pretty good machine now.
You should have a pretty good idea of what want to see in your next machine and what you could do without.

After doing a little research, it looks like the equinox with its multi frequency might be the way to go.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After doing a little research, it looks like the equinox with its multi frequency might be the way to go.
BEFORE you make a purchase you SHOULD TRY THEM OUT !!! Not telling you what to do just making A SUGGESTION

OP
OP
johnash15

johnash15

Jun 9, 2006
Latta SC
Detector(s) used
T2
BEFORE you make a purchase you SHOULD TRY THEM OUT !!! Not telling you what to do just making A SUGGESTION
I totally understand, if only I had a friend or someone close that had any of them. Lol.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am NOT trying to sell you one just trying to make sure you know all your options.
Some times you can watch youtube on the different types and get some good ideas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread