Deus 2 better signal questions for Calabash?

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the Deus 2 better at telling if you are on a coin vs just a high conductor?

Is this evidenced in the square tone audio?

The equinox is very good at identifying a coin through the flutey sound of its audio response. These are for coins in the flat position. Coins on edge usually get a shorter tone but a clear VDI.

Will the D2 be on par with coin identification on US coins?

This is meant for coins that have a VDI not the deep whisper of a high conductor where there's no VDI.

We just pulled 22 silvers over 3 days with our equinoxes in a location that was pounded with a couple Deus 1. I'm chalking this up to the modern trashy environment where there's lots of copper pipe pieces and other junk that sounds amazing with the Deus 1 and you get tired of digging junk. Those junky signals mostly sound wrong with the equinox.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know the answer to that.. I have used pitch and 3 tones under water and on the beach. One thing I can say is the VDI is great....and deep silver in my garden sounds good with a high tone.

OP
OP
C

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know the answer to that.. I have used pitch and 3 tones under water and on the beach. One thing I can say is the VDI is great....and deep silver in my garden sounds good with a high tone.
Thank you

Speer34uk

Feb 15, 2022
Do you have any plans to take the Deus II and go back over this same area that you found those silver coins? I'd be interested to hear how that goes.

Chris,

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread