Deus 2 Coil battery Life

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think one draw back about the Deus II is the battery life on the coil's . I understand the coil battery life is like 4 or 5 hours . If this is the case and people go detecting for longer periods of time need to have an EXTRA charged coil with them. Anyone else have any input on this ?

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Manual states 8-12 hours depending on program used. I have seen people report getting 4-5 hours, but I would guess something isn't right with that. Whether it's a defect, bug, or something like having audio setting turned up for headphones/speakers not in use. I don't own one though so...grain of salt and all that

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven’t really tracked mine but I tend to hunt for two or three hours at a time and I only recharge after three or four hunts. I’ve only ran it down during a hunt once — and when that happens it’s game over until a recharge.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have had 10-12hrs easily.
If one hunts in deep conductor, relic the charge will be less.

I have also heard something about turning off background stuff, and I would like to add I am :dontknow:in what that's about.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At 79, I can usually only hunt for two or three hours, so I haven't run out on the coil. I do carry a small 7/8" square x 3 3/4" 1900mAh power bank, and charge clip/cable that I can strap onto the rod with a Velcro wrap, in case the need were to arise...
I have thought of this but does the charge clip create any issues ? BTW Thanks for the reply H P H

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have thought of this but does the charge clip create any issues ? BTW Thanks for the reply H P H
Sorry for the late reply. I don't know if there would be any interference as I've not had to resort to using it. I just have it in case I ran out, but like I said, I can't hunt long enough to find out. I wouldn't think it would be a problem as long as nothing is moving to affect the coils field. I guess I should actually try it to be sure...

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
10-12 hours is what you should be getting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread