Deus 2 in heavy iron

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to on of our giant hay fields that have big patches of very heavy iron with my new Deus 2. After playing around with the reactivity, the targets started to pop a little. I found a 1802 draped bust cent about 10” down, scratchy 88-90 signal and up with it came 6-8 tiny iron nails, second I got a scratchy 93-95 signal, popped the plug and found a 4” square nail at around 8” ( deus 2 loves deep square nails) put the plug back, checked it and still had a bangin’ 95 signal, opened it up again and at around 8-10” was a 1804 draped bust cent. Needless to say that I’ve been over these spots several times with my equinox as has my buddy. This was only my 4th time out with the Deus 2 but so far, I like it!!!!! Three of us are road tripping to Virginia at the end of the month so we’ll see how it does on a battlefield.

Attachments

• 11166A18-BC6B-48F5-85B1-769B9F04278D.jpeg
    11166A18-BC6B-48F5-85B1-769B9F04278D.jpeg
    909.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 33EF1BBA-D361-40C5-BFE5-429B26DF7394.jpeg
    33EF1BBA-D361-40C5-BFE5-429B26DF7394.jpeg
    740.3 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 23

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to on of our giant hay fields that have big patches of very heavy iron with my new Deus 2. After playing around with the reactivity, the targets started to pop a little. I found a 1802 draped bust cent about 10” down, scratchy 88-90 signal and up with it came 6-8 tiny iron nails, second I got a scratchy 93-95 signal, popped the plug and found a 4” square nail at around 8” ( deus 2 loves deep square nails) put the plug back, checked it and still had a bangin’ 95 signal, opened it up again and at around 8-10” was a 1804 draped bust cent. Needless to say that I’ve been over these spots several times with my equinox as has my buddy. This was only my 4th time out with the Deus 2 but so far, I like it!!!!! Three of us are road tripping to Virginia at the end of the month so we’ll see how it does on a battlefield.
looks like it was able to pick out the good stuff from the iron

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your beautiful recoveries
Sounds like the Deus 2 is a laser and Good Luck on the battlefield

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Impressive results when you can pop a couple of coppers up with the iron. These are the feedback reports that I like, where a person can make an old friend produce even more.
Well done on recoveries and best of luck also on the road trip.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great saves, thanks for posting. Heckuva machine you got there, bet you find really cool stuff as you dial it in.

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
GREAT Job Joe !!1 Where did you get your 2 from ? how long did you have to wait ?
Metal detector.com ( detector electronics corp) in southborough mass. I pre ordered it before thanksgiving and received it 2 or 3 weeks ago

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detector.com ( detector electronics corp) in southborough mass. I pre ordered it before thanksgiving and received it 2 or 3 weeks ago
Thanks Joe . I pre ordered mine before the first of the year and just got news yesterday Mine was in and will be shipping it out to me today :)
1647506447553.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread