Clad Crusader

Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was my understanding one of the Deus 1's biggest pitfalls was how much it struggled with target ID in modern trash. Am hoping to see some live unedited park run-throughs with detectorists showing every target they choose to dig. I understand the bottle cap rejection is a nice feature but even with my AT Pro can pretty reliably tell what is a bottle cap. Is anyone finding the new Deus to be a notable upgrade is what was supposedly its weakest area relative to the nox - or are can slaw and pull tabs screaming like good targets?

Upvote 0

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was my understanding one of the Deus 1's biggest pitfalls was how much it struggled with target ID in modern trash. Am hoping to see some live unedited park run-throughs with detectorists showing every target they choose to dig. I understand the bottle cap rejection is a nice feature but even with my AT Pro can pretty reliably tell what is a bottle cap. Is anyone finding the new Deus to be a notable upgrade is what was supposedly its weakest area relative to the nox - or are can slaw and pull tabs screaming like good targets?
I believe one of the only (or few) Deus 2's are owned by Calabash digger, he has several youtube videos showing what the Deus2 can do.

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Deus 1 is awesome in iron. If there's small bits of tin mixed in with the iron it's hard to run. Those bits of tin sound like high conductors and read like high conductors. The equinox is easier to distinguish the crap from the coin. I'm interested in how it does in the old mining and logging camps where I live.

OP
OP
Clad Crusader

Clad Crusader

Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe one of the only (or few) Deus 2's are owned by Calabash digger, he has several youtube videos showing what the Deus2 can do.

Yeah I’ve been watching those. What people seem to be shying away from though is even what he used to say was deus 1s greatest flaw in that the nox was preferred in modern trash. I’m just surprised that hasn’t been the primary topic of these videos versus illustrating many things the 1 already did. The one video in which he was coin shooting he dug a can that sounded like a good target. Guess I’m just wondering as a park hunter, will the 2 be an improvement from the 1 in that area? Who knows

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen any machine that will I.D. aluminum with any degree of accuracy. I don't expect the new ones coming out (Legend and Deus2) will be any different, or, they would be advertising that fact.

OP
OP
Clad Crusader

Clad Crusader

Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't seen any machine that will I.D. aluminum with any degree of accuracy. I don't expect the new ones coming out (Legend and Deus2) will be any different, or, they would be advertising that fact.
Indeed…

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed…
That's true, I do not think any detector will be made in my lifetime to reject aluminum, but if they did you would also miss jewelry. As for iron I can get rid of most buy simply notching it out( same with the aluminum) I do that when I only have a couple of hours to just cherry pick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread