Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd like to see both versions stay combined for the time being. It encourages comparisons between the new and original Deus, which I think is important to current Deus users. Once the Deus 2 becomes old news, then I'd agree they could be separated.

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Personally, I don't care about the Deus1, never used it and don't want to sift through to find info on the Deus 2 which I ordered. Having said that I can see Emil's point.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hopefully it's not too difficult to ignore the Deus 1 posts for those who don't want to sift through posts of both versions to find only the posts they're interested in. So far it looks like any Deus 2 post has been easily distinguishable from Deus 1 posts since all the thread names have clearly stated them as such. In fact, almost all the newer posts in this section have been about the new model. So hopefully everyone keeps making their posts this obvious.

I agree at some point separating them would be a good idea, but I can't be the only one who owns an original Deus that wants to see side-by-side comparisons between new and old before deciding there'd be enough benefit to buying the new model.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is no, never has been a Deus 1

g

True, but it makes it easier to distinguish between the two when talking about them to call them 1 and 2.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
True, but it makes it easier to distinguish between the two when talking about them to call them 1 and 2.
Not so. Call them by their name. Not too hard to understand is it?

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m not sure admin is interested in creating yet another sub forum where we can squabble about the correctness of the name of the detectors in the sub forums….🤣🤣🤣

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Personally, I don't care about the Deus1, never used it and don't want to sift through to find info on the Deus 2 which I ordered. Having said that I can see Emil's point.
Just read the first few posts in here, then. Pretty sure almost all of them will be about the Deus II. That's all we're talking about these days.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is no, never has been a Deus 1

g
There is now. Ever since the Deus II, everybody has been referring to the previous Deus as a Deus I. That's good enough for me. I know what they're talking about.

malenkai

May 4, 2016
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not so. Call them by their name. Not too hard to understand is it?
No it is not hard to understand but it is what most people do. I suppose we could go back to calling World War I the Great War, which is what it was called until the next Great War came along.

There are reasons for this and why it works. One vendor, on their website, said they would "throw in a pinpointer if you bought a Deus". To me, that is somewhat confusing. I personally would have preferred if it said Deus I or Deus II.

Well, I guess until we get machines, there is nothing better to do than argue about than this sort of silliness. Personally, I am burnt out of one or two people's videos and others' comments about them. Would like to see some more variety and more head to head testing on wild targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions